𝕀 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖 ☂︎︎

Five was next to me on the couch, tightly holding my hand, as we told our apocalyptic story.

"We had to survive on scraps" Five admitted. "Canned food, cockroaches, anything we could possibly find"

"You know that rumour that Twinkies have an endless shelf life?" I snickered. "Well...it is absolute bullshit!"

"I can't even imagine what you guys had to do to survive" She sighed.

"Well you do whatever it takes to survive, or....well...you die"

"So we adapted, whatever the world threw at us, we found a way to overcome it!"

"I hate to ask, but have you got anything stronger?", I questioned Vanya, swirling the remnants  of the coffee in my cup.

Five lets go of my hand when we follow Vanya to her kitchen. She picks up two glasses, pouring in a significant amount of whiskey each. We downed the bitter liquid, the complexity burning down our throats. Our faces looked up at Vanya, a perplexed expression arose on her face.

"You think we're crazy" I heckled.

"No. It's  j-just a lot...to take in"

"Exactly what don't you understand about all this?" Five spat.

"Well...why didn't you just time travel back?"

I scoffed. "Gee Five, I do wish we'd thought of that". My tone very sarcastic.

"Look, Time travel is a crapshoot, we went into the ice and never acorned"

"You think we didn't try everything to get back to our family?" I gulped.

"If you both grew old there, you know...in the apocalypse. Then how come you still look like teenagers?"

"We told you already! We must have got the equations and math wrong", Five snapped, slamming his glass down on the counter. Pouring himself a new glass of whiskey.

"I knew I should of studied math harder" I wept.

"You want me to fill you another glass, y/n?"

I walked over, taking the bottle out of his hands, drinking straight from it. I needed the sweet sensation of a clouded mind, especially when having to relive this apocalypse story. Vanya's eyes widened as she watched me.

"Suit yourself" He chuckled, dimples showing. It has been a long time since I've seen him smile like that. I couldn't help but feel my inner core warm up at his reaction.

God I love his smile

"I mean, dad always used to say that time travel could mess with your mind, w-well maybe that's what happening?"

"Look this was a mistake to come here. It seems that you're too young and naïve to understand what we are talking about" Five criticized, grabbing my hand and walking towards the door. The whiskey bottle still clutched in my hands.

"No Five, Y/n! Just wait, please" Vanya pleaded. "I haven't see you in a very long time and I don't want to lose you both again. That's all this is, I'm just worried about you. Look, it's getting late and I need to sleep, I'm pretty sure you both need to as well"

Vanya walked over to the sofa, pulling it out into a pull out bed. Throwing a blanket and two pillows on top.

"We can all talk in the morning again, Ok? I promise. Goodnight!" Vanya added, walking to her bedroom.

"Goodnight" I beamed.

We both watched vanya disappear into her room, shutting her door behind her. We sat down on the makeshift bed. I turned my head to five, he pulled the eyeball out of the cloth. Then fiddled with it in his hands.

"Can't we just rest for ten goddamn minutes! I just want to sleep. We can do that tomorrow"

"You're being melodramatic. Anyways, I really think I've got a lead with this eye"

"Oh I'm sorry Five, I've just spent the last 45 years in an apocalyptic world. Only to time travel back, breaking the deal of the commission, to find my body is now 16 again" I barked, laying back on the makeshift bed.

"Shh, Y/n. I doubt Vanya wants to hear us bickering like an old married couple from her bedroom"

I take the prosthetic eyeball from his hands, analyzing closely.

"Maybe we could try to find the company that's written on the back in the morning, I'm sure they're not far from here" I suggested.

"I was just about to mention that" Five chuckled, completely unfazed by my attitude. "But-"

"Yes I know. You wanted to go now, deep in the night" I grumbled, cutting off Five, laying back on the bed.

"I promise we can rest in the morning"

"Okay fine. I'll help you with your stupid eye quest" I uttered, reluctantly handing the eye back to him. "What about Vanya?"

"What about her?"

"Well the poor thing is probably going to have a panic attack when she finds us gone"

"Come on she'll be fine, we'll explain why we left in the morning" Five reassured me, holding out his hand for me to take.

We crept over to the door, tiptoeing over the floor boards, wary of the creaky floorboards. Followed by teleporting out the apartment block. We hopped in the car, quickly starting the ignition. The car drove down the dim-lit road to find the company who made the eye.