𝔼𝕟𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕤 ☂︎︎

Hours passed before we found the eye place, my eyes were desperately trying to stay open as the city flashed past the car in rapid and colourful spurts.

"God I wish I had Allison's power so bad. I could rumour you to drive home, then I can get some sleep and forget about the world" I teased, gazing out the window. My finger tracing down the glass with every rain droplet that fell down.

"And I wish I had Luther's power so I could throw you out of-"

"Look there's the eye place!" I pointed, cutting Five off completely. Earning a side glare.

"Hey I didn't finish!"

"To be honest Five, you couldn't of got too far with Luther's power. Let alone that sentence"

"Sure" he mumbled, a smirk spreading across his face.

We approached the eye manufacturing centre, parking in a lay-by opposite. My body shuddered as the air conditioning hit me, a wave of cold air brushing again me. We walked to the reception, approaching the lady at the desk. I could see Five toying with the glass eyeball,

"Uh, can I help you?" She questioned, narrowing her eyes as she scanned us.

"We need to know who this belongs to" Five proposed, holding up the eyeball clutched in his hand.

"Where did you get that?" A nearby doctor asked, approaching us slowly.

"why do you care?"

"Well we.... we found it...at a playground actually" I lied . "Uh, it must have just...fallen out". I mimicked a clicking sound.

"We wanna return it to the rightful owner"

"Aww! what thoughtful young kids" The lady smiled.

"Yeah. Look up the name for us, will ya?" I sassily requested, cocking my head to the side.

"Umm..I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential and forbidden to be read by unauthorized people! Which means I can't tell you wha-"

"Yeah, we know what that fucking means" Five growled. "Asshole"

"But I'll tell you what I can do for the time being. I shall take the eye from you and return it with the owner, who I'm sure will be very grateful. so if I can just...". The doctor reached out his hand, attempting to take the eye from five.

"Yeah, you're not touching this eye" Five stepped back, retracting his arm.

"Now, you listen here young man and young-" The doctor was cut off. Five grabbed the collar of his shirt, bringing them face to face.

"No! You listen to me, asshole!", Five hissed.

"Look sir I'm sorry, we've just come a heck of a long way for this. Please can we just have the information we need?" I pleaded.

"I swear if you call us 'young man' or 'young woman' again, I'll put your head containing your little pea brain through that damn wall. Got it!?" Five seethed.

"Oh, dear!" The receptionist cried, rapidly picking up the phone. "I'm going to Call security"

"Yeah"

"Shit" I mumbled. "Look I'm really sorr-" I began, watching helplessly as Five was about to tear the doctors head off and the receptionist was waiting for security to pick up.

I'm cut off as Five grabs my arm and jumps us back into the car. His head drops to the steering wheel, rubbing his hands through his hair. I lightly rub his back.

"Well that clearly went well!"

———-

We made our way to the coffee shop that was in the town square, a pit stop before heading back to the Academy. Time to think about how to get information for the eye. Around the edges of the town there were food vendors, giving the middle of the town a sort of market atmosphere.