Bad day - Thomas

That was it. The day had been klunk anyway, but this was finally it. "Shuck it, shuck it, shuck it!", you cursed and threw your spoon back onto the plate. The loud noise even drowned out the boys' talking. All heads suddenly turned to you and you couldn't take it anymore. You looked around, barking "What? Deal with your own shucking klunk!"

When the boys had turned back to their food, muttering and murmuring things you didn't understand and didn't care about, you punched the table you were sitting at. Newt, who'd sat down across from you, had to hold back a chuckle. "What?", you huffed. "Nothing, don't worry about it." 

You rolled your eyes and shifted your attention back to your half-eaten food, or whatever the shuck this klunk was supposed to be. Didn't look like food at all. You picked up your spoon again, dipped it into the mash and successfully shoved it into your mouth. Before you could even swallow, you suddenly started to have a coughing fit, almost choking on Frypan's puree. "Shuck, (Y/n), you okay?", Newt asked and you heard his spoon fall down into his empty bowl. 

"Does it look like I am?!", you screamed, tears still in your eyes from the near death experience. "This day is worse than just terrible! I'm out!" 

You couldn't have cared less that all the guys were staring at you again as you got up from your seat, muttering curse words under your breath, and left your bowl on the table in rebellion. While you stomped away, you caught Zart giving you a weird look, and stopped dead in your tracks. "This is none of your business slintheads!", you shouted as loud as possible, even the Runners in the maze probably hearing you. "If you want to be part of drama, create it yourself!" 

Minutes later you were in the Deadheads, you knuckles bloody from punching a tree multiple times to let your anger out - and it worked, as now you were leaning against said tree trunk, your legs drawn up, your face hidden in the fabric of your shorts while sobs left your mouth, tears seemingly everywhere. Your hair was a mess, that many times you had desperately run your fingers through it today, blood and dirt glued to the strands. 

"Hey", a soft voice spoke from beside you and you were up in no time, ready to hit whoever had dared to talk to you with a branch until he was knocked out. But again this day you stopped your movements - none other than Thomas standing right in front of you. He was too early, you noted as you looked up to the sun, but it was also later than you'd expected. You'd been crying for quite some time. 

"Hey", you replied in a shaky breath and brushed your hair out of your face in an attempt to look somewhat alive. 

"Bad day?", the Runner asked and opened his arms for you to jump right into them. Another tear formed in your eyes. "Worse", you whispered and fell into his strong embrace, not even trying to hold yourself up anymore. Tears silently streamed down your face and wet Thomas' shirt, some were repelled by his leather vest, and you watched as the light blue of the fabric turned dark when they finally met. Usually Thomas would go to eat dinner once he came back. He would get his bowl from Fry and look for you, spot you sitting with Chuck and Newt and join you. He'd sit down, put his food on the table, and take off his running gloves first. He'd eat, hold your hand, pull you closer when you were talking to the other two and he was finished eating. He would brush through your hair, shower your head in kisses and you would relax into his touch. He would forget to take his running vest off of course, so when you got up you'd have to remind him. 

"Shh", Thomas comforted you. "I'm here now. It's gonna be just fine." You smiled a bit, but couldn't place if it was a sad or a relieved smile. You knew he was right. It wasn't just the fact that he always was, but it was the fact that him simply being calmed you down. He was the reason for your existence. Without him, you would be nothing. He made you feel complete and he was the one and the only one who was an actual help in figuring yourself out. 

"I know", you answered truthfully and turned your head so your nose was brushing the skin of his neck. He shuddered as your breath met a sensitive spot and you laughed in response. "Ticklish?", you asked. Although you knew him so well already, there were so many things you hadn't discovered yet. So many things you wanted to ask him, so many parts of him you still needed to get to know. They were the reason you woke up in the mornings and smiled. Smiled and actually opened your eyes. 

"A bit", he chuckled. You sighed in pleasure, savouring the moment of Thomas simply holding you and being while your tears slowly dried, stopped falling and stopped hurting you. The Runner had done nothing but embrace you, and yet you were calm again. It seemed like the whole day, the whole morning that he'd not been there had happened a long time ago. 

"Feeling better?" 

You giggled and shook your head a bit, not believing that this boy had really just said what you'd been thinking as if he had telepathic superpowers or a sixth sense of some kind - it happened so often but still surprised you every time.

"Yeah", you muttered and closed your eyes before opening them again immediately. You felt as though a sudden energy was being pumped through your veins and in a flash you looked up, tilted your head back and caught Thomas' gaze. "What?", he laughed lightly and your heart fluttered at the sound. 

"Thanks", you simply whispered and a smile tugged at his lips before he finally pulled you in and you felt as though you could taste the grin on his skin, his arms holding you in place while your eyes flew shut at the sudden contact. He'd kissed you before, but this time it felt different. Different in a very good way. You raised your hands and cupped his face, let your fingers trail over his skin and brush through his hair because it just felt right. You wanted to feel him even closer, trying to push yourself into his embrace even stronger, wishing the moment would never end. 

But it did, as every other happy moment in your life did. You sighed and leant your forehead against his without opening your eyes, lowered your hands again and put them on torso just where you could feel his heartbeat. It reminded you of being alive. It always did. At night when you couldn't sleep, you would turn around and put your ear on Thomas' chest just to hear his heartbeat, his breath, the regular sounds quieting your mind and all your thoughts. 

"I think we should go back, don't you?" 

His voice was soft although you could hear his unstable breath and feel his heart racing, and despite the fact that you would have done anything to just stay where you were, you nodded slowly. He was right. The others would be worrying too much already. 

ੈ♡˳

the first Thomas chapter after quite some time omg- I had some uh,, problems with editing, but it worked out in the end. hope you enjoyed it still!