Pocket knife - All | Scorch Trials

TW! mentions of blood, torture etc. 

Thomas was just waking up when Jorge had finished tying Marcus to that chair. "I suggest that you talk! You son of a bitch!" I was leaning against Minho's shoulder with my arms crossed, my eyes focused on the blonde man. "Welcome back you ugly shank", Minho sounded and I let my gaze flicker over to Thomas for a second before I lost interest in the conversation they were now starting. Instead I looked back at Jorge. Something about this was not right.

"Damn", Marcus laughed and I frowned. How could this guy still be so relaxed? "Listen. I dont enjoy hurting you", I heard Jorge say and snorted at the statement. "Uh-uh", the blonde lowered his eyes though I still couldn't understand how he could be so confident while being tied to a chair, his face full of bruises.

"Okay? Where is the Right Arm, Marcus?", Jorge asked while stepping closer towards him. I took a small step forward to be able to look at his face - his lips, though hurt, still curled into a smug smile. How I would love to hurt this guy until his smirk finally vanished.

"Wait, this is Marcus?" Thomas had suddenly sat up after being greeted by the others and I turned around to look at him, my eyes narrowed. "Yes that's Marcus", I spat. "Who did you think that was? Santa?"

A hand reassuringly stroked my back as I turned around to look at Minho for support. I knew I was being harsh, but something about this situation simply made me feel uncomfortable and I couldn't help but get annoyed. Minho was basically the only reason I was still on this side of the room and hadn't pulled out the gun in my jacket. He kept me sane while everyone around me just seemed to frustrate me more and more.

We weren't getting anywhere, a few hours ago we had been hanging upside-down from the ceiling and then escaped an exploding building. The last few days had been a nightmare and Brenda and Jorge were our last hope. And I would already follow them anywhere, whereas I still struggled to trust Thomas. But that was his own fault. Hadn't got any kind of plan except for walking to this group we weren't sure existed at all in some mountain too far away from here. If we hadn't found Brenda and Jorge, we would have probably dehydrated at some point because we had run out of water and supplies and the mountains would be just as far away. 

"I like the girl", Marcus laughed, his eyes meeting mine as I once again clenched my jaw. Unbelievable. I was taking a deep breath ready to say something else when Minho moved his hand from my back to my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. I relaxed immediately when I felt the warmth of his body.

"I know you know where they're hiding. So you tell me, and I'll make you a deal", Jorge stated, his voice calm though I could immediately recognise the too familiar sound of suppressed anger. I had to stop myself from smirking. I had known this guy for less than a day and I already liked him better than some of my so called 'friends'.

Marcus only laughed again. I groaned, rolling my eyes as I did so. "You can come with us", Jorge offered. I frowned. He wouldn't really let this guy come with us, would he? 

"I burned that bridge a long time ago. Besides, I made my own deal. You're the one who taught me, never miss an opportunity." I could feel the anger growing inside of me. I knew that something was not right about this. I had known it. I had felt it. "What's he talking about?", Newt questioned from behind me and I shifted my weight to my left leg for a brief moment. "WCKD wants all the Immunes they can get. I help provide that for them. So I lure the kids in, they get drunk, they have a good time. And then, later, WCKD comes in, they separate the wheat from the chaff." I clenched my fists. Enough was enough. 

Right before Jorge could do anything I had stepped away from Minho, closer to the two of them. Both looked at me, Jorge confused and Marcus seemingly amused. "Jorge, do you still have that knife?", I asked as a plan formed in my mind. I didn't shift my focus from Marcus and I didnt have to turn around to know that Minho and Newt were exchanging worried glances behind my back while Jorge was fumbling with his jacket. Once he had handed me the wooden pocket knife I looked up. "Someone turn his chair around", I demanded while letting the knife fling open and watching the silver metal reflect the sunlight. Though unsure, Jorge took it on himself to do what I had asked for, apparently meeting me with the same respect and trust I had shown him earlier. 

"We're changing the tune now", I whispered as I bent down and lifted the knife, starting to cut one of Marcus' sleeves off. I took a few steps to face him, then grabbed hold of his chair, deciding how to phrase what I had in mind. Again I lowered my body, this time to look into his eyes. 

"You see this?", I held the knife out in front of his face, way too close for his eyes to be able to focus on it. "You know, a few weeks ago when I wasn't on the run yet, I had a job where I'd take care of people's wounds. I learned a lot of things doing that. I know how to tend the smallest cuts. I know how to treat the worst injuries. I have even beaten the flare once. But guess what?" I smirked and grabbed the knife a little harder, pressing the cold metal blade to his swollen face. "I also learned what little cuts can do to a person if they don't get bandaged up. I know where a knife like this can hurt a person the most. I know where I just need to make a tiny cut to kill someone with a little patience." 

I could sense the way Marcus tried to keep the smile planted on his face as I slowly moved the metal across his cheek, yet only using the even side. "You've got a big mouth for a little girl. I bet you wouldn't hurt a fly." I could hear some of the gladers inhale audibly. That I had hurt way more than a fly already, they knew, but Marcus didn't. I let out a cold laugh. "You think so?", I questioned while letting go of his chair and ripping off the rest of the sleeve I had cut off. 

I put the knife to his exposed shoulder, slowly letting it trail down. With a triumphant grin I watched as the blood dripped from the small wound, flowing down the rest of his arm once I removed the knife. Marcus was now grimacing and again I bent down, meeting his gaze. I could see that he started to panic. "You still think so?" He looked up at me with gritted teeth. "You wouldn't manage to murder anyone." I laughed at his hopeless try to hide the fear that was overcoming him. 

"This vein here", I started, putting a finger to the crook of his arm. "is necessary for you body. If I make a cut there just deep enough and leave you here to go find the Right Arm myself, it would kill you. But you know what?" I pulled my finger back and stared into his face. "I could also simply just have some fun. Peeling your skin off would take some time for sure, but who's to say we haven't got that time? Then you're simply going to bleed out at one point... And the last thing you're gonna see is my face while you're screaming for my mercy, thinking what would have happened if you had just told me where the Right Arm is hiding right now..." 

I laughed as I lifted his chin up with a hand and followed the structure of his jaw with the knife, letting blood drip onto his clothes. "Okay okay! Jesus! But I'm not making any promises. These guys like to move around", Marcus finally gave in. I smirked as I retreated my knife, looking up to meet the startled faces of my friends and a proudly grinning Jorge. "They have an outpost in the mountains. But it's a long way away. You got half of WCKD on your ass. You're never gonna make it", the blonde continued. 

I stretched my arms as I folded up the knife and tossed it to Jorge, waiting for him to join my side. The second he had stepped into Marcus' view, his face lit up once more. "Not on foot... where's Bertha?" Marcus was now visibly shaken. "Not Bertha." 

I lost interest the second Minho motioned for me to come over and sent Jorge a quick side glance before walking in his direction. "You're scary." Winston was the first one to speak up when I stopped in front of their gaping faces. "Shut up you shank", I laughed. "After all I saved your life."

"We're taking the car!", Jorge suddenly announced, keys dangling from his right hand. I smiled as I tucked my arm into Minho's and caught up with him and Brenda. "You were incredible", she complimented from the side and I put an arm around her shoulder. I hadn't been in such a good mood for weeks. "Thank you", I said, laughing. 

"Ey, aren't you going to untie me?", Marcus shouted as we had nearly walked out. I was the first one to turn around. "No!", I simply yelled back and ushered everyone out of the room before closing the door.