Leaving WCKD - Minho | Scorch Trials

"Shuck! (Y/n), hurry up!" 

The girl was sliding through the corridor, a guard at her heels while trying to catch up with the rest of the group. "Aris, run! You idiot don't you stop, run!", she screamed at the boy who had turned around to wait for her. 

He'd just told her to crawl into the vent with him to meet some guy named Thomas an hour ago and now she was running through the facilty, about to get shot. She and Aris had never believed that this place was 'safe' as the people here liked to say. Aris had been the one who discovered the vents and eventually found out that the kids who were supposed to go somewhere safer only ever got moved to different rooms - and it didn't quite look like that was an improvement at all. 

"(Y/n)!", another boy shouted. The group turned around a corner and the girl tried to force herself to hurry up, though she couldn't and she knew it. She knew that she shouldn't have waited, she should've just left with the others - but she had decided to bolt the door to their room from inside, knowing she'd give them a needed advantage while ushering the rest of the kids into the vent. This now left her behind and she realised that she wouldn't get out of the building. The others maybe had a chance, after all they had a headstart and the guards hadn't reached them yet. But the men were too fast, too close to her that she could ever catch up with the group. So her only hope was getting everyone else out of the building safely and as soon as possible. 

Panting, she also turned around the corner and slowed her sprint. "(Y/n) don't give up, come on!", Aris screamed at her, but she only motioned for him to go on. "Don't stop Aris!", she shouted back and the boy caught up with the group in front of her, a lot of them turning around to send her worried glances. 

She looked back just in time to see a guard rounding the corner and froze in motion as he pointed his gun at her. "Minho! No!", she heard one of the boys shout. She turned back to see the buff boy running towards her and the guard. Her eyes widened and she pressed herself against the wall in reflex to not stand in his way. She watched in shock as he knocked the guard out and took his gun, turning around to look at her. Her chin dropped and she blankly stared at him, adrenaline still flowing through her veins. "Thanks", she stuttered and he sent her a smirk as he snapped forwards again and grabbed hold of her arm, pulling her with him. Subconsciously she turned around, her legs working as she processed the shocked faces of the others in front of her. "Run!", she shouted, motioning for them to go on while she and the boy caught up with the group. Everyone suddenly started moving again and she sent a quick side glance to Aris to check if he was okay. 

"Minho", the boy that had saved her shouted and she turned to him for a second before snapping her head back. "What?", she screamed, sirens now sounding from everywhere around them. "My name!", the boy explained as hurried voices and footsteps started to arise. She continued to run along, suddenly bumping into Thomas' broad stature. In front of them a lady had stopped dead in her tracks. Minho pointed the gun at her in reflex and the boys demanded to know about the whereabouts of some Teresa girl. Aris and (y/n) exchanged a quick glance, silently agreeing they'd be following them even though the chance of escaping was rapidly getting smaller. As they moved forward, Minho once again addressed the girl. 

"You're not gonna tell me yours?", he asked, eyes fixed on the doctor that was hurriedly showing them the way. "I don't think it's the right time to get to know each other to be honest", she responded, clasping Aris' shoulder with one hand as they pushed open a door. Minho threatened the rest of the doctors in there with the gun while a blonde boy tied them up, the others blocking the door with whatever they could find. The girl caught her breath, retreating her arm from Aris' shirt. "Oh, you don't?", Minho said in a sarcastic tone, his eyes not leaving the terrified doctors while Thomas darted through the room to find Teresa. "I thought it was perfect", he continued. Thomas shouted something (y/n) couldn't understand, apparently having found the Teresa girl he was looking for. Suddenly Janson and his guards were at the door, pushing and pulling to open it, and Aris quickly shoved everyone further into the room.

"(Y/n)", she eventually introduced herself while Thomas and the others smashed the window and left the room through the now empty frame. "Pleasure!", Minho shouted, pushing his gun into Thomas' hand and stretching his own out to help the girl through the frame. She gladly took it though knowing she would've got out there herself perfectly fine. "Could say the same", she retorted after smoothly landing on her feet. 

Minho next to her and Aris at her heels she stormed down the next corridor. Thomas opened a door a few steps in front of her and she came to a sudden halt as he shot the WCKD guard that was waiting outside. "Everyone run!", she suddenly screamed when she heard other guards emerging from behind them. The group started to move again, now running down the last corridor. 

They could see the final door that would get them out of here, but guards were following close by and they knew they only had a small chance of getting out of here. For the last time (y/n) hurried up as much as she could, only stopping to take in her surroundings as the ground beneath her feet changed when she had passed the slowly closing door. 

"Shit, where's Thomas?", she asked when she turned around and couldn't see the boy. "Shuck! He's still in there!", Minho responded and she noticed his stature in the corridor. "Thomas! Get your ass here!", she shouted and finally the boy turned around and ran. The rest of the group screamed for him to make it until he eventually slipped through the small gap before Janson could get to them and for a moment she felt hopeful. In a reflex she first threw her arms around Aris and then embraced Minho, and just as he pulled her close she raised her voice. 

"Thanks by the way", she said and pulled back. "Y'know, for saving my life in there and stuff."

ੈ♡˳

First of all, sorry for the lack of updates- I've been quite busy and never really had the motivation to edit and publish my drafts. School started again last week and I've got new projects to work on. I'll still upload here - I've got multiple unfinished oneshots and still like a bazillion ideas - but it'll probably take its time.