He got abs? - Thomas

I woke up to the sound of the maze doors opening. It took me a few minutes to muster up the courage to even open my eyes, and when I did, I realised that there was no one lying beside me. I sighed. Thomas must have already woken up. It was pretty late though and he had to run the maze, so I couldn't blame him. Still, waking up without him next to me simply felt wrong. That was why I always tried to wake up as early as possible - to at least see him once before he went into the maze.

I yawned and stretched my arms as far as I could, trying to smile. Chuck had once told me that when you smiled your brain would automatically think that you're genuinely happy. I doubted that actually worked, but it was always worth a try since I didn't want to start the day in a bad mood.

I pulled back my arms and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. "Rise and shine I guess", I said to myself. A shiver ran down my spine when my feet touched the cold ground. I was only wearing the pyjamas the creators had sent up along some other clothes when I came up the box.

Carefully I tapped over to the makeshift cupboard Gally had organised together with a bed on my first day here. I chuckled as I thought back - while Thomas had arrived a month before me and apparently had a really hard time getting to know Gally, I had somehow bonded with him from the first second on.

I rubbed my eyes after stifling another yawn. No wonder I had slept in and missed Thomas waking up. My hands were searching the cupboard for my clothing, but in the dim light and with my tired eyes I couldn't spot the shirts that were usually flung over it. I frowned when even after minutes of searching the only clothes I could find were the shorts I had washed just a few days ago. They were black and reached just a few inches above my knees, exposing my lower legs.

Sighing, I took what I could grab and undressed, changing into the fresh shorts. Then I stood in the middle of the room, clueless. The only thing covering my upper body was now my bra, which I hadn't taken off yesterday evening, though unusual. I didn't like sleeping with a bra on. But maybe  had been too tired. 

Great. So all my shirts were gone. Either it was laundry time or someone was playing some sick prank that wasn't funny at all. All I knew was that I would definitely not go out like this. But I couldn't wear my pyjama either. 

Finally, I spotted the answer. If you could call it that. A grin lit up my face as I walked towards a blue shirt that had been carelessly tossed to the ground. Thomas' shirt!

I picked it up and straightened it a bit. Thomas had probably worn it for a few days already, but I didn't care. It wasn't brown, that was good, still completely blue without excessive stains on it. I held it up close to my face, but against my own expectations I didn't have to wrinkle my nose. The shirt didn't smell that sweaty at all. Instead, it had that special scent that I loved so much about Thomas. I would bury my face in the crook of his neck and just inhale that incredible smell that reminded me of a forest. The fresh earth, the morning dew on the green leaves of the trees - now this was raising my spirits.

In one swift movement I had put on the shirt and lifted its neck line to bury my nose in the fabric one last time. I sighed when I dropped it again and walked out of the room into the bright sunlight.

Throughout the day I got some strange looks as well as snickers and remarks from various boys. When I got to the gardens after breakfast to start work, Zart had asked "Thomas? Is that you?" for what I slapped his arm but only got a sarcastic laugh. Newt smirked the second he saw me and I had to explain that all my shirts were gone - "Wow! Magic!" - multiple times until he actually believed the story.

At lunch Gally couldn't hold back his laughter and the far-fetched notion "Thomas probably stole her shirts and threw them at the Grievers so she'd have to wear his old sweaty ones", to which I simply rolled my eyes.

Yet the strangest idea came from Dan, who had his day off - which basically meant annoying his friends from the moment he woke up until the moment he would fall asleep again: "Maybe they switched and when Thomas comes back we get to see him in a ripped, way too small shirt that exposes his abs" ("How do you know he's got abs", I retorted, shutting him up for about half an hour).

I was working with Newt at my side, trying to have some kind of normal, human conversation with Dan who slumped down next to us after lunch and was apparently sunbathing right now. I wasn't paying attention to what the boys were talking about though. The sun was already starting to set, which meant Thomas would be coming back in a bit. After a whole day of not seeing him I was more than happy about that.

The second he and Minho emerged from the maze doors I abandoned my shovel and started sprinting towards them, a relieved smile on my face. Even though they did always make it back that never stopped me from worrying. "Thomas!", I exclaimed as I embraced him, throwing both my arms around his neck and giving him a peck on the lips before burying my face in his shirt. There it was, that all-too familiar scent. "Well hello (y/n)", he laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Where's my overly dramatic welcome?", Minho complained after a few seconds of us simply remaining in this position. I laughed and faced him as he clasped his hands around his mouth and shouted "Newt! I want that too!" while pointing at us.

I heard Thomas laugh as well and shifted my focus once again, looking up at him, searching for some kind of wound or even the smallest scratch. "I'm okay baby", he simply sounded as I scanned over his face. I smiled and sighed in ease. I was just worrying too much.

"Nothing new?", I asked although I knew the answer already. No. Of course not. Thomas only shook his head and I tried to send him a hopeful look that didn't seem to work because he only frowned and raised an eyebrow. Then his hands were on my hips, forcing me a step back. He looked me up and down and before I could even say anything a smirk appeared on his face.

I closed my mouth again that I had opened just a second ago to tell him I was sorry for taking his shirt. "You look amazing, that new shirt - honestly, just wow!", he said with a grin. I chuckled while rolling my eyes at the same time. "You think?", I asked as I raised an eyebrow and smirked too. "I'm not sure.. it's kind of big and doesn't really fit my-" Before I could end the sentence Thomas' lips stopped me from talking. I immediately relaxed into his touch and closed the space left between us. Again, I crossed my arms behind his neck while his hands gripped on my waist firmly, if possible forcing me even closer.

"I'm still here you know", Minho stated from next to us and I instantly broke the kiss, spinning around to face the smirking boy. "Give us some privacy you shank", I grunted, turning my head back to Thomas.

"I think the shirt looks amazing on you, babe. You should wear my clothes more often." I chuckled at the compliment and flashed a genuine smile, looking up to meet his gaze and see nothing but sincerity in his eyes. "Maybe I will, from now on", I simply stated, grinning like an absolute slinthead. The power this man held, the effect his words had on me - unbelievable. It was almost terrifying.

With reddened cheeks and in a better mood than I had been the whole day I enthusiastically leaned in and connected our lips again.