Kissing your enemies - Minho

You couldn't stand Minho. You just couldn't. The two of you had been throwing sarcastic comments at each other ever since you came up the box, but with every day you spent here it seemed to get worse. Him and all his companions - you despised them. They thought of themselves as the best, always showing off and never actually working. While Minho was out in the maze to find exactly nothing and return with bare hands everyday, you worked harder than anyone else. And he still had the audacity to laugh at you.

"I don't get what your problem is", Newt grunted one day when you complained to him. You had snorted at the statement and shook your head. "My problem?", you asked and the blonde nodded. "He's my problem."

That evening you were sitting on a log at the bonfire, talking to the Greenie. He was quite a sight, you had to admit, but he was just as terrible at flirting as everyone else here and way too self-opinionated. Not in a funny way, either. By now you were getting tired of the conversation. With a sigh you tilted your head to the side and emptied the cup you were holding. "Hey, look-", you eventually sounded and your eyes lit up when a plan formed in your head. "You see that guy over there?"

The Greenie stopped what he was saying abruptly and turned his head in the direction you were pointing in. Minho was standing there, talking to Newt and some of the other guys. They seemed to be enjoying themselves, apparently playing that little game they had invented some months ago. You never really liked it and just played when you were forced to, drunk or so bored you'd do anything. Minho and the rest of the Runners usually were the ones carrying the game which annoyed you just as much as the game itself.

"He's keeper of the cool guys. Wanna meet him?"

Without even giving the poor Greenie a chance to answer, you placed your cup on the log and got up. It didn't take long for you to reach the group of boys and they immediately shut up, looking at you confused. You never approached them. But Newt glanced over your shoulder and chuckled, knowing that you only wanted to get rid of the new boy.

"Has Miss (Y/n) decided to deign to play a round with us?", Minho commented but you only rolled your eyes. You were absolutely not in the mood for his sarcasm at the moment. "Actually", you started and took a step to the side, revealing the Greenie behind you. You gave the startled boy a small smile and put a hand to his back, shoving him closer to the rest of the guys. "I don't, but he does."

Minho groaned, obviously having realised too what you had in mind. "Well, have fun!", you exclaimed, turned around and left in a hurry. You walked back towards your log to pick up your cup and refill it, and seconds later you were joined by Winston and Zart, whose company you actually quite enjoyed.

"So- what kind of game is this?", the Greenie asked and Minho let out another frustrated groan, whereas Newt chuckled again. "Alright, you see, everyone's got one of Gally's 'very special' drinks - you don't wanna know what's in there", he started to explain and pointed at the Builder who only ever left the Fighting Circle for exactly this one game and had invented a special version of his already special drink just because of it.

"But they hit", Bill, one of the other Runners, added, earning a round of laughter from the rest. "They sure do", Ben agreed. "Taste like klunk though."

Gally grunted, shaking his head in faked hurt. "When it's your turn, you got two options: do whatever the other one dares you to, or down the whole thing. Got it?", Newt finished and the Greenie nodded, obviously still confused but not wanting to ask about it. "Right, it's Minho's turn, so you just watch."

The boys all snickered, watching as Gally filled another cup with moonshine and handed it to the overwhelmed Greenie. It was unusual for Minho not to do his dare, which everyone always played on. He'd done the stupidest things already; and even though they tried again and again to embarrass him, they never succeeded. How, nobody knew, but the Runner somehow managed to do all of it without looking too ridiculous - and not one of the others had ever achieved that. Today, Gally wasn't having it. Minho had taken a step too far this afternoon when he critised the Builder's newest construction in a joking manner.

"I've got one", Gally said and gave the Runner a challenging look, only answered with the same expression. "Kiss (y/n). She slaps you, you lose."

Newt inhaled sharply and a few of the other boys let out surprised noises. It was an unspoken rule not to use your little feud with Minho against you. Even in the Glade there were boundaries that shouldn't be crossed - one of them being both your and the Runner's temper.

One time a Greenie had walked in on you showering and not even Alby dared to put you into the pit after you beat the poor boy up.

"Gally-", Newt started, trying to save the situation before this ruined the whole evening. "No", Minho interrupted before he could finish his sentence. "I'll do it." Again, the rest of the group started muttering among themselves. There was no way that, even if Minho actually did it, he'd win the bet - not without getting slapped at least, and that would mean he lost.

They watched as the Runner shoved his cup into Gally's hands and marched to where you were standing, listening to something Zart was telling you. You hadn't even seen him approach when his hands were on your waist, turning you around and closing the space between the two of you. You were shocked and unable to react when his lips met yours, your brain needing a moment to even process what just happened.

And then the boy had pulled away again, looking at you with a mix of curiosity and surprise.

"Did you just kiss me?", you asked and raised an eyebrow, noticing that Minho hadn't pulled away his hands yet. "Yeah", he simply said and shrugged. You could slowly see the playful smirk on his face becoming bigger by the second. For a moment you didn't react at all. You weren't quite sure how, you had to admit. You'd spent years hating and despising this shank, and now he just kissed you. Out of nowhere. And you weren't even complaining. Finally, you had the courage to open your mouth again.

"You don't think you could do that again, do you?"