Don't touch my hair - Minho

You were sprawled out on the dry grass of the glade, the sun shining down on your face and your closed eyes. It was your day off and you were enjoying it to the fullest. After lunch you went with Newt and spent your time talking to him while he worked. Minho hadn't returned from the maze yet so you would've been bored anyway. 

"You could help a bit instead of sunbathing, y'know?", the blonde asked and you opened one eye to silently watch him struggle while tying up plants. "Nah", you shook your head. "You seem to have everything under control." 

Newt grunted in disapproval and shot you a frustrated glance that you purposefully ignored. You chuckled and rolled over so you were laying on your stomach. You opened the other eye, propping your chin up with your hands. "Anyway", you started and watched with a cheeky smile as Newt finally managed to put a knot on the small cord and pull it tight. "When do you think Minho's coming back?" 

You shifted your focus from the boy to the huge maze doors and sighed, knowing it was still early and even though watching Newt work entertained you, boredom was starting to set in. 

"Now", a voice behind you sounded and you jumped up, spinning around to face the smirking Runner. "Minho!", you exclaimed in both surprise and shock. "What the shuck are you doing here already?" 

The boy laughed. "I came back earlier", he answered and grabbed his running vest tight, his shirt stretching at his biceps. Suddenly, he put out his hands and slid an arm around your waist, pulling you close. You squeaked and tried to escape his grip unsuccessfully. "You're sweaty! Get off me, go shower!", you shrieked and continued fighting until he finally let go of your hips. You stumbled slightly and when you had steadied yourself, Minho was already jogging away. 

"What're you doing?", you shouted, eyeing his back in awe. Why did he look good while walking away? Gosh, his back was so muscular. His shirt stretched at his shoulders and there seemed to be a high chance it would rip just from his movements. "On my way to the shower!", he yelled without turning back. You rolled your eyes and turned around to face Newt. "Unbelievable", you murmured more to yourself. You heard Newt chuckle and looked up, raising an eyebrow. He only shook his head and went back to work. Sighing, you scratched the back of your head. Now you didn't know what to do. Again.

Minho was back, Newt was here, yet you still felt out of place. You cleared your throat and waited until the blonde turned around, a questioning look on his face. "I'm just gonna-", you said and pointed at the Deadheads. Newt nodded. "If Minho comes back, tell him I'm waiting." 

You smiled and walked away, letting your fingers trail over the dry tree trunks as you passed them. Half an hour later, you had closed your eyes and were resting your head against the cold branch of the tree that you had climbed eagerly.

"You good up there?", someone suddenly asked and you heard yourself laugh, opening your eyes cheerfully to catch a glimpse of the Runner a few feet below. "You good down there?", you retorted and flashed a cheeky grin, which the boy returned with a smirk. "Ended your shower session?", you questioned and readjusted your legs so that they were dangling from the thick branch, your back leant against the cool trunk as you supported yourself with your arms and looked down at him. He grinned, shielding his eyes with his hand so he could look up at you. 

"Come down!", he said and you pretended to think for a moment, tilting your head to the side. "You come up!", you called back and Minho laughed, shaking his head slightly. He lunged forward, dug his hands into the branches and sat next to you in no time at all. "Like this?", he asked and you turned around to look at him. "Like that", you agreed and laughed. 

The two of you continued snickering for a while until you ended up leant against his torso and he played with your hair. "How was your day?", Minho asked, his voice calm and soothing. "Boring", you sighed. "I slept in and missed breakfast, Newt was working and you were in the maze, Frypan had to prepare lunch and I couldn't find Chuck." The boy chuckled and you felt his chest vibrate, sending chills down your spine. He ran his fingers through your hair and you enjoyed the little contact, the feeling of his fingertips brushing against your scalp and his other hand resting softly on your waist. 

"But now you're here!" 

In a sudden outburst of energy you yanked around, shrieking as your body came dangerously close to falling off the tree. Minho had grabbed your hands and held them close to his chest, you both looking at each other in shock. You hadn't thought you would push yourself away from the boy so firmly that you would lose your balance. "Guess I just saved your life", Minho smirked and you grunted, retreating your hands. 

"I would've fallen like what, nine feet? The worst thing that could've happened is a concussion." You tilted your head back and sighed, trying to get your adrenaline level back to normal. Slowly, you closed your eyes and took a shaky breath, opening them again just to see that Minho had raised an eyebrow in the meantime. "What?", you choked out. 

"No thank you?", he teased and you groaned, letting your head fall down onto his chest. You softly hit your forehead on his shoulder with every word you said sarcastically. "Thank you Minho, very kind of you." When you looked up again, he was smirking in victory and suddenly you had an idea. You flashed another grin and slowly raised your hand, making sure the Runner realised what you were doing. 

"Don't you dare", he said and the smirk vanished from his face. "I just styled them." 

You knew what you were about to do would start a war, but you just wanted to piss him off right now. "Oh?", you said and in a smooth movement you had brushed your hand through his hair, ruffling it, ruining its perfect form. "Doesn't look like it", you stated and grinned even wider.

"You'll regret that", Minho sounded. 

He lunged forward, but before he could reach you, you swung your legs off the branch. Knowing it was risky but the best option you had right now, you jumped. For a short moment you felt the pure pressure pushing you down, the air around your ears until you touched the ground with your feet. Your legs bent and stretched again and suddenly you were standing safely on the dry grass. 

You looked up just in time to see that Minho followed your example, but before he had even pushed himself off the branch, you were racing through the lines of trees, knowing the only chance you had was getting to Alby before the Runner had caught up with you. Your hair was brushing your face, almost flying as you hurried up, pacing through the Deadheads until you stood in the Glade once again. 

"Hey (y/n), you okay?", a familiar voice greeted you and you stopped dead in your tracks, turned to your side and then jogged over to the Builder. "Quick, help me!", you called and once you had reached him you grabbed hold of his shoulders and hid behind his back just in time. Minho ran out of the Deadheads and furiously snapped his head around to spot you until he caught sight of Gally.

"Come here!", he shouted and you squealed, your grip on the Builder's shirt tightening. "No! I've got a Gally and I'm not afraid to use it!", you yelled back, but Minho sprinted towards the two of you anyway. 

You squeaked and made a run for it, hoping Alby was around. Then your body was thrown to the ground and the Runner had grabbed your arms before you could even react, fixing them above your head, his breath hitched. You fought against his grip half-heartedly, giving up when his other hand forced your waist to the ground. "What?", you asked and smirked when you finally focused on his face. "What're you gonna do?" 

Minho raised an eyebrow and smirked too, startling you. "This", he simply stated and let go of both your hands and your hip just to start attacking you with his fingertips, tickling you until you were out of breath and tears had formed in your eyes because of all the laughing. 

"Okay! Okay! God, please stop", you giggled and tried to get hold of his hands unsuccessfully another time. Eventually, he let go of your body and sat up, giving you time to steady your breath again. "That was so mean!", you complained, scrambling up and rubbing the dirt off your shirt. The boy stretched out his hands and pulled you down into his lap to push a strand of hair behind your ear. 

"You destroyed my flawless hair!", he whined and you stuck your tongue out. "Deserved it! For being away all morning!"