MCGONOGALL'S LECTURE

"you're so annoying."

The next morning I woke up tired as hell. As I opened my eyes I saw Pansy standing above of me, shaking me harshly trying to wake me up. A harsh beam of sunlight reflected onto me from the window next to my bed. My head began buzzing like a bee hive.
"Ughh I'm up!" I yelled, tossing around onto my stomach throwing my face into my pillow.
"NO GET UP GIGI! ITS 7:40!" Caroline yelled form across the room.

Somehow we all managed to get out of the room showered and dressed 20 minutes later right on time for class. Well maybe a few minutes late since the classrooms were like kilometers away from each other.

I ran to Transfiguration class trying to make it on time.

———-

"Ah how lovely it is for you to join us Ms Rhodes." McGonogallsaid sarcastically.
"Sorry Professor McGonogall." I said walking over to the other side of the classroom were Mattheo sat, being the only seat available.

Everyone else was too scared to sit next to him. It was quite pathetic. And he wouldn't want anyone sitting there anyway.

As our eyes locked my body began cursing at me again. Fuck I hate this boy.

I slid into my seat as McGonogall was lecturing the class. His eyes piercing into the back of my neck like a hawk. I would not give him the satisfaction of looking back at him.
During class I say fiddling with my pen, occasionally writing notes and tapping my foot anxiously.

Mattheo just sat pairs his legs wide open, staring at McGonogall and occasionally taking glances at me.

His cold hand suddenly hit my restless thigh. My eyes pierced open like a cold shower hitting my back on a winter morning. I looked at him in shock.
"Stop that, it's so annoying." He said in an annoyed raspy voice. Something in my head didn't want him to let go. But I quickly snapped myself back into reality as I shoved his hand off.

He chuckled lightly.
"What the hell is so funny?" I said annoyed.
"You." He said chuckling.
I just rolled my eyes trying to distract myself and wait for this horrid class to end as fast as possible.

A century later McGonogall said "class dismissed!" And everyone ran out of the classroom.

I caught up with Draco and Lorenzo who were walking to next period, Astronomy.
"Hey guys." I said as I walked in between them.
"Oh hey." Lorenzo smiled and put his hand over mine as Draco mumbled a 'hey'
"Draco are you okay?" I said concerned.
"Mhm." He said.

I knew he wasn't. I'd check on him later. Most of the time it was family stuff for him. Me and Draco weren't the closest but our parents both Death Eaters. I can't believe I'm thinking of that. And I'd spent a few summers with him. I feel bad for him. He's gone through a similar childhood as me. And he's gonna be marked too. Just when? And am I next? Honestly I'd rather not know. But I'd definitely talk to him later.

We reached the Astronomy tower and waited for the Professor to arrive. The rest of the class was uneventful.

(568 words)