WALTZE

"May I have this dance?"

"Aah Lorenzo, do you want me to break your face again?" Mattheo said cockishly.
"Oh shut up Mattheo." I rolled my eyes.
"Watch yourself Mattheo." Lorenzo said striding closer to us. Specifically Mattheo.
"Alright that's it. Lorenzo let's get out of here." I said grabbing his shoulder. He wouldn't budge though.
"Please?" I said.
His eyes made contact with mine and his expression changed immediately.
"Fine. Let's go."

It was dark now. The hallways were dimly lit with candles and the lamps on the ceilings.
"What the fuck?" Lorenzo stood infront of me.
"He was trying to read my thoughts. It was nothing really." I said.
"Are you alright?" His hand creased my cheek bones, his eyes looked worriedly into mine.
"Yeah I'm fine, I promise." I smiled touching his hand. Pulling it off gently.
"Listen I wanted to ask you something." He sat onto one of the ledges in the court yard.
"What is it?"
"Will you go to the ball with me?"
"Of course like back in third year?" I smiled.
"Yeah but I was thinking maybe not as friends." He looked up at me.
"Oh Enzo I-"
"No it's ok Gigi I just-"
I cut him off with slamming my lips onto his.
"Alright I'm guessing that's a yes, then?" He chuckled with his forehead leaning on mine.
I nodded.

—-time skip—-
I don't know why I just did that. It was possibly selfish and cruel. I knew I had to get my priorities straight. I thought that's how I had to get started.
A few days later, it was now 3 days until the Yule ball.
"Where's our next class?" Draco questioned.
"It's in the main hall, remember? it's the ball dancing class." Bonnie said.
"What, no!" Blaise complained.
"Don't be a baby Blaise." Pansy rolled her eyes.

The 6th and 7th year Slytherins gathered in the hall.
Professor McGonogall stood infront of a record player. We all sat on in a chair, waiting for her next instructions.
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, as you all know the Yule ball is in three days. This is a preparation class. You will be learning the steps to the classical slow dance and the classical switch dance. Now let's begin." She kept talking about the steps and then she showed us a brief tutorial with Professor Dumbledore.
Though the only thing I saw was Mattheo's dark eyes staring into my soul on the other side of the classroom. He sat behind 2 rows of people, fiddling with his rings.
"Everyone please find a partner to start the classical switch dance." Everyone stood up and the sound of racking chairs was the only thing you could hear.
I turned to see Enzo sticking his hand out to me. I smiled and took it. His hands traveled to my waist, and mine around his neck.
The recorder began playing an old song and everyone was now swaying on the marbled dance floor.
"1,2,3 and 1,2,3" McGonogall chanted.
I looked around the floor, where I found myself thinking of him again. And I quickly directed my attention to Lorenzo. He simply smiled.
"And switch." I automatically swung away from Lorenzo to my next partner. Who happened to be Malfoy.
The dancing part was easy for me,  I've been going to fancy balls since I could walk. So did Malfoy. This was an automatically programmed move for us.
"Any new discoveries on the plan?" Malfoy whispers.
"Not yet. Mattheo's book hasn't been any help either." I said.
We moved in a rythm with McGonogall's voice in the background.
"Giselle?" Draco said unasured.
"Yeah? What is it you said my full name. That's scary." I joked in a sarcastic tone.
"Will you go to yeh Yule ball with me? You know just hang out?" He said.
"I'm sorry Dray, I told Enzo I'd go with him. He's my best friend I can't leave him." I said.
Draco nodded. I knew he was hurt but I don't think he likes me like that. He just wanted to go with a friend after all the drama recently.
Draco and I are really similar when it comes to childhood traumas and one of Draco's is abandonment issues, so I know he's fragile right now. I will go and talk to him  about it after classes. And I'm sure he can go with Bonnie or Pansy.
"I'll save you a dance though. I promise. Plus I'm sure we'll be with the group most of the night."
He smiled. Genuinely.
"And Switch." McGonogall raised her voice.

As my hips swung away from Draco in a swift motion I found myself stumbling slightly  onto my next partner. Mattheo. His cologne entered my nostrils, as his cold hands inched at my bare waist i felt my heartbeat rise. I looked him up and down an we were trying to keep up with the music. For a moment I went into a trance, watching him inches away from me.
"Gigi." He says in a raspy voice.
"Mattheo." I say.
"So you're shagging Lorenzo now? Classy." He says.
"What the fuck are you talking about? And why don't you just fuck off. You have no business in my life." I say firmly.
"I'm just observing."
"Sure you are. The man whore is observing." I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah I do enjoy the occasional fuck. But then clearly again so do you." He said.
I rolled my eyes in response.
"1,2,3 and 1,2,3." McGonogall said.
"Just shut up before I make you." I whispered in his ear.

"Switch." 

(956 words)