Chapter 5

"What if she's dead?!"

"Oh shut up, she's not dead. She's still breathing,"

"What do we do now? What if she never wakes up?"

"She will eventually," a voice quarrels back.

I groan due to all the noise. What the fuck is happening? My head aches so much. I can't even find the energy to open my eyelids. Am I hearing voices inside my head?

"Um Diana-"

As soon as I heard a high-pitched voice, my eyes immediately shot open.

The unfamiliar surrounding I was currently in caught my attention. When I glance up, I saw two girls with wide eyes staring down at me. Standing up quickly, I lift myself off the couch. Who were they? Despite my apparent worry, they look at me calmly.

"Woah, don't worry. We won't hurt you," the girl chuckles.

They must have been sisters or related to each other since they resemble each other so much. Almost losing my balance, my head was spinning when I realized the girl rushed to grab my arm and made me sit down.

"Listen, I know you must be pretty confused right now, so we'll feed you some food and you can start firing questions at us," she explains with a smile.

Wait- the man.

"Where is the man?" my gaze drifts to the door. Had he kidnapped me? Were they working with him? It's unlikely that these girls were working for some crazy maniac, but you never know. Can't trust anyone.

"Man?" both of them asks in unison.

I think he got away before they got to me when I blacked out. I couldn't recall what happened. As I heaved a sigh of relief, I tried standing again as one of them pushes me back down.

"Just wait here, do not move," she sternly instructs me before walking towards the door to leave.

"You're really pretty," the other blondie smiled, catching me off guard.

"Thank you." I smiled back, I couldn't think of anything else to say since my head hurt so much.

"Valentina, can I ask you something?"

"Huh?"

How did she know my name?

"Oh silly me, we searched your purse for an ID," she says as if she'd read my mind.

That explains it. My father popped into my mind, oh my god. My eyes dart from the clock hanging above the door to the alarm clock above the door, sh*t it's almost lunchtime. I must hurry and get to the hospital ASAP.

"I appreciate you girls for helping and taking care of me, thank you so much. Is there any way I can repay you guys?" I ask smiling. Though I only met them a few minutes ago, I felt as I could trust them. The second girl stepped in with a tray of food before I even got a chance to try and stand up again.

She approached me, placing the tray on my lap, "I brought you food! And some medicine, your head must really hurt." "

"Start eating, we'll be right here to explain everything," she says, smiling.

I look down at the tray and back to meet their gaze. I don't even know their names. I think I should leave. These girls seems really nice, but I better visit my father.

"I really need to leave,"

"We'll let you leave once you finish your soup," she urges.

I sigh and drank the soup as fast as I could. I have to admit, it was the best soup I've ever eaten. These girls took seats in front of me, whispering to each other as if they didn't think I can hear them.

"Well we should probably introduce ourselves, my name is Diana and this is my sister Juliana," the girl who brought the food a while ago spoke. Honestly, I was too invested in this soup to actually hear what they were saying.

I stopped devouring my soup and glanced at them, I didn't want to come off as rude, especially when they saved me. They did save me, right? They still haven't explained everything so I should probably start asking questions.

I gave them a small smile, "Sorry, this soup was distracting me,"

"I'm surprised that's even edible," laughs Juliana, quickly earning a dirty look from Diana.

"It's delicious, I'd love to know the recipe," I really did.

"Of course! But first, we should talk about what happened," Diana says. I have so many questions, but I was mostly concerned about who killed the guy. I just witnessed a murder. The idea of committing such a crime sent shudders down my spine.

"Right, do you know what happened after I passed out?" I ask.

"We were walking nearby when Juliana saw you lying on the ground lifeless, she thought you must've fainted, she found your bag left on the ground next to you, which led us to search for your ID," she explain.

"Wait, so you didn't see a man?"

"No, we found you all alone. What were you thinking? Particularly at that time and place?" she asks disappointment all over her face.

I groan, debating whether or not I should tell them I was just simply walking home until I witnessed someone getting murdered, but I decided to remain silent.

She spoke up, looking away from me, as she explained, "We were there to receive a package." I raised an eyebrow, wondering what kind of package it was. Surely it must have been drugs. Those parts of town are known for illegal drug dealing and use. I decided to shrug it off.

"After seeing you, we decided to bring you to our place, our car was just around the corner,"

"I'm so sorry If I caused any trouble, thank you guys so much, I don't know what would have happened to me if it weren't for you girls," I expressed, giving the girls a sincere smile.

"Oh don't worry about it," Diana waves her hand.

Once again I looked at the clock, I had to get to the hospital, "Thank you for everything, but I really need to go," I stand up, it took a while to get my balance but I managed to do so.

"Here's your bag and our numbers, keep in touch," Juliana smiles at me while handing me my bag.

"Thank you again,"

The wind hit my face immediately as soon as I stepped out of their home. As I glanced down and noticed that I was wearing just jeans and a simple shirt today, I frowned. Annoyed at myself for not bringing a jacket, I dashed to the bus stop, hoping to make it in time to the hospital.