Chapter 7

"Hey there gorgeous," Angelo greets me as soon as he spots me

I smiled "Hey,"

He wore a white button-up shirt with his sleeves rolled up. He looked extra cute today. My eyes caught a glimpse of his tattoo on his arm.

"You got a thing for guys with tattoos?" he smirks.

"Yes, actually," I chuckle. I have to admit guys with tattoos are extremely attractive.

"Well I have another one on my thigh, wanna see?" he asks, tugging his belt.

Did he really plan on removing his pants to show me his tattoo? He's crazy, he's on his shift.

"Angelo!"

"Kidding," he laughs, giving me a wink. I rolled my eyes "Whatever Angelo, I'll see you around," I wave him goodbye and start walking to Jake's office.

I knock on the door and waited for Jake to let me in. "Come on in," he groans. He must really hate his job.

"Good evening," I greet him, smiling. As I entered his office, my eyes shifted to the bottle of whiskey he had on his desk. Was he allowed to drink at work?

"Evening Valentina," Jake stands up from his seat and grabs a bag from the couch beside his desk before walking towards me.

"Your uniform," he hands me the bag and I take it from his hand.

After peering inside and seeing straps, my eyes grew wide.

"Servers must wear their uniform when waitressing. I'll call in Riley to show you around the club," he says as he pulled out his phone.

I stood in front of him awkwardly and waited for him to get off his phone. "Hey uh, is it possible to get tips here?"

Jake raises a brow "Of course, any tips you receive are all yours. This is a luxurious club, people who come here give insane tips,"

That was good. I could use all the tips I can get. In my last waitressing job at a cafe, tips went straight to the owner, not the waitresses. It was stupid.

"Hey,"

Suddenly, I was surprised to see a gorgeous redhead by the doorway. "Ah Riley, come in, I want you to meet Valentina. Mind showing her how we run things at the club?"Jake asks.

"Of course, nice to meet you, Valentina," she smiles. I responded "You too,"

"Alright, you two can get out of my office now," Jake walks back to his seat. "Come on, let's go," taking my hand, Riley chuckled and led me into a locker room.

"So, what do you think of the club so far?" Riley stops in front of a blue locker and turning to look at me.

"The club screams money," Riley chuckles at my response.

"What else do you expect from Adrian?" she shakes her head. "Is he really 26?" the question slips.

This was really shocking to me. "He's 26, a billionaire, and owns multiple companies. Don't forget super attractive. Ugh..." Riley rolls her eyes back. The attractive part I can believe.

"If only he wasn't involved in the mafia," She groans as she grabs a bag from her locker and opens it.

What?

Did I hear her right, the mafia?

"Eh, I'm sorry? Did you just say the mafia?" my eyes widen.

I wasn't shocked about mafias in New York however.

"Yeah, there were a few rumors here and there. Not quite sure,"

Should I really be working at this club? It's one of the most popular clubs here in New York, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much if other people don't seem to be bothered by it as well.

"Changing rooms are over there," Riley points in the direction of the changing rooms and I nodded before leaving her side.

As I walk into one of the rooms with my bag and shut the door, I wonder how I felt about wearing this uniform.

"Hurry up, we have a lot to do tonight!" Riley calls out.

My jaw drops when I took out the uniform from the bag. It's not like I'm that conservative about clothes, but I most definitely would never wear this. The leather low-cut top and skirt have straps that connect the two pieces together.

Why didn't I notice the waitresses wearing this when I was here?

"Great," I mutter to myself. I quickly took off my clothes and wore the uniform. Damn, this is suffocating.

After packing everything back into my bag, I rush outside only to see Riley openly staring at me. "Damn Valentina, you look hot," she smirk.

I shook my head "I don't think I can breathe, honestly," earning a chuckle from her.

"That's not fair," she says pouting. "What's not fair?" I ask raising my brow.

"I wish I had big tits like yours," she laughs.

Riley is really something.

"Let's get going Riley," I chuckle at how straight forward she is. She took my hand as we leave the locker room, we walked into the main club and stopped at another bar I had never been to.

She asks, "Alright, have you done waitressing before?" I nod, "Yeah, not sure about strip clubs, though" I say feeling slightly nervous.

"It's pretty similar, You know the basics, deliver checks and collect payments, keep tables clean and tidy at all times, blah blah blah" she goes on.

"Oh, most important rule, you can't decline any customers when they offer you some time with them," she continues. We were supposed to just stay and chat with them?

"Okay,"

"Lastly, act sexy and all that," she rolls her eyes. What else can I expect from a strip club?

"Come on, I'll show you which tables you'll be in charge of," she drags me once again to another area.

I look around at the white couches and luxurious chandeliers dangling above the ceilings. This club is super fancy.

As my eyes scan the club, a certain man catches my attention. My eyes grew wide at the sight of him. I took a few steps back, hiding behind Riley.

"And those are the drink optio- what are you doing?" she asks suspiciously. I shake my head asking her to resume talking. I can't believe it. He was the guy who murdered someone at the alley. What is he doing here? My heart raced.

"Um, Riley?"

"Hm?" she was busy showing me all the table arrangements. "Can I use the restroom real quick?" I ask.

"Of course, the staff restroom is behind that counter," she points to a door opposite of the dance floor.

I thanked her and quickly rush to it, wanting to hide in the restroom. I can't manage to get caught. What if he remembers me?

That night, I don't recall anything after I passed out, perhaps he let me go causing me to lay on the floor with no one around. But why would he let me go after he murdered someone?

While walking, I felt a hand grab my arm. My heart was pounding so fast as I turn around.

Shit.

He was right in front of me.