Chapter 29

I slowly turn around and look up to meet those dark orbs

Adrian was here. He was here, holding me tightly against him with his arms around my waist. "Adrian," I gasp, shocked. His rapid heartbeat could be heard through the thin black shirt he wore.

I stared into his eyes and it was clear he hadn't slept or taken a rest in days. The dark circles under his eyes were evident.

"I was going insane Valentina," he mutters, hugging me close to him. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

What is he even talking about?

"But I thought you didn't care if I-" Adrian shook his head lightly before crashing his lips to mine and I widen my eyes in disbelief. I froze with the sudden action, he seemed to be in a completely different mood, not the Adrian I knew. I slowly give in to the kiss and he groans.

I tilt my head, giving him more access as our lips move together so perfectly. I kiss him back, earning another low groan from Adrian.

His grip around my waist tightens as he takes the opportunity to slip in his tongue when I open my mouth. He leaned in deeper and reality came crashing back down.

I immediately push him away, frightened.

"What's wrong flower?" He asks, confusion written all over his face and a hint of disappointment. I shake my head. "Giavanni, he's waiting for me. How did you even get in here?" I ask.

"Giavanni is going nowhere near you," he scoffs. I give him a worried look which led him to lean down, giving me a quick kiss which I accepted.

I still don't understand why he's here. He made it very clear that I was nothing to him.

"Do you trust me, Valentina?" He asks, looking into my eyes.

"Well if I'm being honest here,  you never really gave me a reason to," I mumble in response and he lets out a soft chuckle, Adrian looked so different right now.

"Fair enough, but I'm going to need you to trust me on this. I'm going to bring you back home okay?"

The mansion was never my home...

I nod my head.

"Listen, you're going to go out there and distract Giavanni, bring him to the bedroom at the back. Can you do that for me?" He cocks his head to the side and I give him another small nod as I stare up at him.

"Good girl," he says with a smirk, and my eyes nearly bulge out. I glare at him with a look and a sheepish grin appeared on Adrian's face.

"Really?" I ask.

"Go, Valentina, we're running out of time flower," he whispers.

I open the door and peek out, after making sure no one was around I step out after giving Adrian one last glance and walk towards the seats.

I see Giavanni on his phone, doing whatever it is he's doing. I carefully sat down on my seat in front of him and turn to look through the small window. My mind still couldn't comprehend what just happened. How did Adrian manage to get inside the plane?

"You took awfully long in there," he points out suspiciously and I glance at Giavanni. "I felt a little sick, I'm not used to flying," I say, lying.

"We haven't even taken off yet,"

"Well I'm nervous," I mutter, rolling my eyes when he wasn't looking. He grunts and gives me a nod before going back to his business on the phone. My mind searches for a way to distract him. Isn't he being on that phone already a distraction though?

"You said there was a bedroom,"

Giavanni looks up from his phone and tilts an eyebrow. "Yes, already so eager hm?" he smirks.

I cringe.

"I think I'll feel a little better if I stayed there," I tell him. "Very well then, if you insist," he instantly stood up from his seat and gestures me to follow him.

We walk to the back of the plane where the bedroom was located. He slams open the door, causing me to flinch. "Um-"

"Valentina, you're not so patient from what I can see," Giavanni grabs my hand, pulling me towards him. Before I could protest, he pushes me onto the bed.

"Wait" I argue. He makes his way to the bed and crawls on top of me. I try and sit up but he swiftly pushes me down, pinning my hands beside my head.

"You look so much like your mother," he mutters, grasping my wrists stronger and I shook my head.

"Let go of me," I rasp out. He chuckles and leans down. "But your body is definitely something I'm more into,"

He leans even closer with our faces inches apart. I shut my eyes and turn my head to the side before he can try anything.

Where the hell is Adrian?

He grabs me by the face so I could look at him. "Look me in the eyes," he snaps. Before his hand can travel any lower a click was heard and I immediately look behind Giavanni.

A gun was pressed to his head.

Giavanni froze as the metal click was heard. "Giavanni," Adrian breathes out. I exhale heavily, praying Adrian wouldn't shoot his brains with me below him.

"Get off her," Adrian growls and Giavanni slowly releases my hold. He gets off me and turns around, he looked absolutely pissed.

"Adrian," Giavanni says with gritted teeth. "How nice of you to join us,"

Adrian scoffs and pressed the gun closer to his head. "I hope you think this was worth it because you'll never be ready for what I'm about to do to you,"

Giavanni gives Adrian a wicked smile. "What is this? Did you come to save this bitch? Has Ivanov gone soft for some cheap whore?"

Adrian steps closer, only inches away from Giavanni. "Call her a whore again, I dare you,"

"Pull the trigger Adrian, what are you waiting for?"

Adrian shook his head. "If you think I'm going to let you go with a quick bullet to your head then you're wrong. I'm going to make sure you pay for everything. You're going to die a slow painful death, I'll cut you into pieces and send them back to your family in Italia, would you like that?"

Giavanni's face remains expressionless. "You don't have a choice anyway," Adrian grimaces.

"Adrian," a voice was heard and I look towards the door.

Ivan.

"We got all of them, you alright?" Ivan glances at Adrian and back at me.

I nod my head and his eyes shift back to Adrian. "Shall we leave before more of his men come looking for him?"

Adrian knocks Giavanni with the gun, causing him to fall to the ground. "Take him, bring him to the basement. I want him and the others alive," Adrian rasps out. Ivan nods before getting to work.

Adrian's eyes met mine and his gaze softens. "Come here flower," he says, more like an order. I walk to him and he engulfs me into a tight hug.

"Fuck why was the fucker on top of you?" He asks, clenching his jaw.

"Doesn't matter, can we please leave?" I mutter back and he releases a deep sigh.

"Okay flower,"

__________

Hey so um im really sorry for not uploading for the last few months, I was going through shit but I'm back now :))