Chapter 13

It was impossible for me to think straight

My feet were frozen. Why is it that his presence affects me so much?

Trying to stop my heart from racing I explained, "I just thought I could borrow some clothes since my old ones are dirty."

I felt nervous as he stepped back a few inches and took me in his eyes. He was so intimidating. Is he upset that I took his clothes?

"There's something I want you to do,"

As I stared at him, I waited for him to continue.

"What is it?" I asked, giving him a puzzled look.

"There's this event. I want you to go with me," he spoke.

I laughed "An event?"

"After locking me up in a cell for days you want to bring me to an event?" I asked. The fact that he wanted to take me along to an event after locking me up for days was infuriating.

What is he really trying to do here? If he thinks he can just bring me to a random event after treating me like a prisoner when I really hadn't done anything then he's completely wrong!

"You're going regardless of whether you like it or not," he gritted his teeth.

"Why an event? Did you need to bring a date? Can't you find some whore to go with you? I'm sure you have plenty of those," I muttered the last sentence.

"Be careful, you don't want to scar that pretty face," he stared at me coldly.

I crossed my arms over my chest, bewildered. How could he think I would go with him?

He pulled out his phone and called someone. "idi ko mne v komnatu i prinesi etogo tigra v komnatu dlya gostey. Kto-to budet tam, chtoby stilizovat' yeye dlya meropriyatiya,"

[Come to my room and bring this tiger to the guest room. Someone will be there to style her for the event]

I pouted when I heard him speak in Russian. I didn't understand a single word he was saying, what if he's plotting my death?

I scoffed. Well, that's for me to find out.

"Jackson is waiting outside, just follow him," he said, before glancing at me for the last time, then heading to the bathroom.

What am I supposed to do with him? I sighed as I walked out of Adrian's room meeting a very impatient Jackson.

I guess this means I get to keep his hoodie.

He's a murderer Valentina, what is wrong with you?

"Hurry, someone's waiting for you in the guest room," I raised my eyebrows, who's been waiting for me?

"Start walking," he ordered. I followed him to an elevator and stepped inside.

When I spotted the buttons, my eyes widened. Ten floors, this warehouse must be gigantic. I wondered why Adrian would need such a huge warehouse. Maybe he locked all his prisoners there.

"Why are you wearing boy shorts?" Jackson asked me as he pressed the button.

I looked down to see how long the shorts really were. "Clothes were dirty," I explained, they couldn't expect me to wear the same clothes again.

He kept staring at me for a good minute before turning his attention to his watch.

Finally, the door opened and we both exited. It was a large room, almost like a foyer. I walked along the long hallways behind Jackson and stopped in front of a door.

"This is the guest room," he pointed me over to the door and motioned for me to step inside.

A blonde woman in her thirties greeted me immediately when I entered the room. She stood next to a rack full of dresses.

"Ah is this the girl?" she asked Jackson.

Jackson nodded. "Adrian dal tebe odin chas, potoropis," he told her before leaving.

[Adrian has given you an hour, be quick.]

While I looked at the lady, I contemplated my next move.

"You are beautiful! We find a dress for tonight, yes?" her accent was very thick. I gave her a small smile and approached her.

"What kind of event is it?" I asked.

"Adrian said no to questions," she said as she looked through the dresses.

I sighed, knowing that this was going to be a long night.

• • •
"Look at you! You look like a model!" the lady gasped behind me.

I was admiring the strapless red dress as I stood in front of a mirror. In addition, she had also created a fantastic makeup look for me. She did an excellent job of not overdoing it and didn't cake up too much of my face. My hair was beautifully styled with soft wavy curls, it looked beautiful.

"I go get the purse," she said, stumbling across the room to a suitcase on the floor.

Looking in the mirror, I was surprised at how different I looked. I would be happier if the circumstances differed.

She returned behind me and gave me a purse that matched my dress. "Let's go, Adrian is not a patient man," she said.

I quickly nodded in agreement and followed her out of the room.

I bumped into Jackson's chest once I stepped through the door. He quickly grabbed my arms preventing me from falling. "Sorry," I muttered.

He simply nodded. Jackson looked at me up and down before smiling. "You clean up nice," he said.

Jackson is smiling.

"Thank you," I chuckled.

"She looks like a model, no?" The lady turned her head to Jackson.

"Jackson, what's so special about the event?"

My curiosity got the better of me.

"You never stop asking questions do you?" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and my jaw dropped.

Adrian was wearing a sexy black and gold suit, and his hair was neatly styled. He had a nice jawline and blue eyes, I couldn't stop staring at him.

"Um boss, she's ready," Jackson spoke. I cleared my throat and stood up straight. He's absolutely stunning.

"Let's go," he said before walking away from me. There was nothing he said about my appearance, which made me frown. Could it be that I didn't look nice? I followed behind him, shaking my head.

Mentally, I'm going to need to prepare myself for what's about to happen.