Valentine's Day

Happy Valentines Day... And just in case I forget to say at the end- Thanks for reading! S, xx

p.s. to the side is a song (great song!) and a picture of Cate's dress. Here's a link to the pinterest board for LoF too (Anna and Libby's dresses have been pinned!) https://www.pinterest.com/sianiflewog89/leap-of-faith/ 

*~*~* Cate *~*~*

00:00

TJ’s words echoed around the room, repeating themselves as if hearing them once wasn’t enough.

“Catherine?” TJ’s voice sounded panicked. He took a step closer to me, trying to bridge the gap as he held out an arm at me. I jumped away from him, throwing my hands up to get him to stop advancing on me. “Cate, please.”

“Please? Please?” My words sounded haggard as I spoke. My heart rate increased tenfold and I was sure my heart was about to burst out of my chest, just like that alien did in that movie. I steadied my breathing and finally had the courage to look up at TJ. I tried to catch his eye but his gaze was trained on the ground. “Look at me,” I demanded. Finally, his eye lifted and fell on mine. I could see the guilt there clearly. “Tell me truthfully who you really are.”

Again, he closed his eyes as he spoke. “I’m Theo.”

“No, you’re not,” I tell him pointedly. “You are not him. I know him… you can’t be Theo.”

“Cate,” TJ sighs, rubbing a hand over his face. “I swear to you. I am him. I’m me. I’m Theo.”

“Prove it.” I couldn’t help the challenging tone in my voice.

“Ok,” TJ nods once. He goes silent for a moment, his forehead creased in concentration. “The first thing I said to you was ‘Thank God you’re a girl.’ You literally fell for me the minute we met. You said you were running from no one and everyone. You said you were twenty-two people in one. I told you about my mom trying to force me into being this sport superstar, when all I really want to do is be an engineer. You told me how you just wanted to be yourself. We sang Bankrobber together. Your three deserted island items would be a copy of Angels and Demons, your iPod and your teddy bear.

“You said that I made you nervous. You’re scared of ladybugs. You also said you were scared of falling in love. I’m scared of clowns. You described yourself as introverted. I told you I was mesmerized by you, and you had a panic attack. You said that I say your name all sexy, and you wanted to stop me calling you Catherine. You wanted to be in Australia because you didn’t feel safe in that closet with me because I made you feel things you didn’t want to feel. We kissed. We kissed a lot. I told you that I wouldn’t be able to control myself. You told me about how your grandparents met. I told you that I was in love with you. You started to freak out again, so I started rambling on with some weird facts because it helped you focus. I told you about expressive aphasia, heartbeats, and tongue prints. Then I asked if you knew what a twenty-sided shape was called. You said-”

“Icosagon,” I whisper through the blur of his words. I blink back the tears stinging my eyes and look up at TJ. I don’t think there was any way to conceal the hurt in my eyes. “That was you?”