Chapter 5 - Khamoshiyan

Dubai International Airport, Dubai

Kalpi woke up a few hours later, stretching she looked out of the window and found that they were at an airport “ are we here yet ? “ Kalpi thought as she got out from the bed and headed to the front of the jet. Raghav was on the phone when Kalpi came out from the room “ hey morning sleeping beauty “ Sammy teased, Raghav gave Sammy the shut up look and Sammy backed down, Kalpi smiled and looked out the window “ are we here yet ? “ Kalpi asked in confusion, “ no..the jet stopped for refueling “ Raghav said, “ oh “ Kalpi said and sat down and looked out, “ where are we ? “ Kalpi asked, before Raghav could answer Sammy spoke up “ Dubai “ he smiled. Kalpi nodded and sat back and watched the people passing by, Sammy slapped Raghav in the arm and Raghav looked at him giving the what look, “ ask her if she is hungry “ Sammy mumbled quietly, Raghav looked at  him in confusion, Sammy face-palmed himself and took out his phone and typed and showed it to Raghav *ask her if she is hungry* , Raghav looked at Sammy, and cleared this throat, “ ummmm…are you hungry ? “ Raghav asked, Kalpi looked at him “ a little bit “ Kalpi replied shyly, Raghav nodded and looked at his phone. Sammy mentally face-palmed himself, “ I’ll get you something “ Sammy smiled and stood up, “ Raghav why don’t you come and help me “ Sammy said through clashed teeth and pulled him from the seat and pushed him to the jet’s kitchen, “ dude what the hell……when she says yes a little bit, your supposed to get her some food, not sit and look like an idiot “ Sammy said, “ I’m sorry….after last night…I felt….” Raghav started, “ felt what ? “ Sammy asked, and when Raghav did not answer “ you dreamt about here again didn’t you “ Sammy smirked, Raghav bobbed his head up and down vigorously, “ and that is why you can’t look at her “ Sammy said, Raghav nodded again, “ ok…but first let see get her something to eat “ Sammy said opening the fridge.

After 5 hours at the Dubai International Airport, they were getting ready to set off to Italy. Kalpi kept her head down reading a book until she got sleepy, she stacked up some plump pillows and laid her head down and closed her eyes. Raghav came out of the bathroom a few moments later and found Kalpi sleeping on the sofa, he looked at her smiling and bent down until he came close to her face. Kalpi moaned in her sleep and turned to face Raghav. Raghav almost stumbled back with the sound that Kalpi made but managed to keep it cool and kept looking at her, her face looked relaxed and angelic, a stray hair gently brushed her face, Raghav reached out and carefully took the stand and rubbed it between his fingers and smiled. Kalpi could feel someone playing with her hair, she was not entirely asleep, and she knew who it was. Kalpi wanted to open her eyes but was too shy to do so, she pretended to sleep and enjoy the feeling of Raghav playing with her hair. Raghav smiled and kept on playing with her hair, “ man she is beautiful “ Raghav thought, “ I can’t believe she’s mine….mine !! “ Raghav smiled inwardly, but then that smiled became a frown “ but does she love me ? “ Raghav thought and he let Kalpi’s hair go “ maybe she does not love me……” Raghav thought sadly and stood up, and walked away sadly. Kalpi opened her eyes and looked up, she saw Raghav walking away and sadly turned away and closed her eyes. Raghav sat at his office thinking “ does she love me ?? “ Raghav thought as he rubbed his temples and leaned back onto his chair, “ hey…what’s wrong “ Sammy asked as he came into the cabin and closed the door, Raghav shook his head, Sammy sighed “ Rags…something is bothering you, I can see it, what is it ? “ Sammy asked, Raghav sighed and looked at Sammy “ Kalpi……I don’t know if she loves me, like how I love her. I’m afraid that she will think that this marriage is just for her protection “ Raghav said, “ isn’t ? “ Sammy asked, “ Yes…but I love her Sam. I lost her once, I don’t want to lose her again “ Raghav said, “ You won’t….give her time, I’m sure she is just scared, I mean this marriage was a sudden thing, she needs to get use to you “ Sammy said, Raghav nodded and laid his head back.

Tuscany International Airport, Italy

They arrived in Tuscany 8 hours later and Kalpi was feeling drained, “ Come the car is waiting “ Raghav said, “ the bags ? “ Kalpi asked in confusion, Raghav and Sammy looked at each other “ his assistant will bring them for us “ Sammy smiled, Kalpi looked at Raghav and the at Sammy in confusion, “ let’s go “ Sammy said excitedly and pushed Kalpi out of the airport, “ Sir welcome back “ Antonio said ,” thank you Antonio, come “ Raghav said as he gestured Kalpi into the car. 10 minutes later they arrived at the most gorgeous house that Kalpi had ever seen, “ welcome home “ Raghav smiled and gestured her in, the doors opened and Kalpi saw a huge gorgeous stairway, “ come let me show you around “ Raghav gestured Kalpi to follow him. Raghav took Kalpi around his mansion, he showed her the hall, the kitchen,  the dining area, the indoor gym, the house had two pools, one outdoors and one indoors, a library, a tv room and lastly his office. “ I’ll show you to your room “ Raghav said and guested Kalpi upstairs, “ this is your room “ Raghav said stepping aside to let Kalpi in, Kalpi looked around the room is daze “ do you like it ? “ Raghav asked nervously, “ it’s beautiful….thank you “ Kalpi smiled as she turned and looked at him, Raghav felt himself relax, “ If you need anything…I’m right down the hall “ Raghav smiled, Kalpi nodded and Raghav closed the room door and leaned against it breathing heavily. Kalpi walked around the room, she then went to the bathroom, “ wow…..” Kalpi said and go her bag and started unpacking, she was unpacking when she came across the picture of she and Raghav as kids and their parents, Kalpi looked at smiled, she set it down beside her bed and went to take a shower. 

Raghav walked out of his shower and went to his walk-in closet, after a few minutes he came out and found Sammy sitting at his bedroom sitting area, “ what do you want Sam “ Raghav asked, “ just wanted to know if you settled her in alright “ Sammy teased, “ yes I did “ Raghav said looking at some files, “ did she like the room ? “ Sammy asked raising his eyebrow, “ yes….” Raghav said, “ Hmmmmmmm….” Sammy said, Raghav slammed the filed down and looked at him “ what now Sam ? “ Raghav asked annoyed at Sam’s reaction “ nothing….” Sammy said holding his hands up in surrender, “ no…something is on your mind.. so spit it out “ Raghav said sitting down opposite him “ isn’t it weird, I mean you guys are married but sleeping separately, shouldn’t she be sleeping with you ? “ Sammy asked innocently , Raghav looked away, “ well ?? “ Sammy asked, “ I don’t want to push her….I don’t want to force her into something that she does not like “ Raghav said, “ what happens if she wants to be forced ? “ Sammy teased, “ Kalpi is not like that Sam !!! “ Raghav yelled, “ Really….because I think she is “ Sammy said confidently “ what do you mean ? “ Raghav asked, “ Kalpi may look sweet and innocent on the outside, but I have a very good feeling that she is a passionate woman on the inside “ Sammy said, Raghav shook his head, “ Kalpi is not like that “ Raghav said again, “ we’ll see “ Sammy smirked and got up and left the room.

Raghav sat back and thought about Sammy’s words “Kalpi may look sweet and innocent on the outside, but I have a very good feeling that she is a passionate woman on the inside “, Raghav got up and paced the floor, “ no Sammy is wrong…..my Kalpi is not like that “ Raghav said to himself. Kalpi could not sleep that night, she kept thinking about her baba” I hope he is ok “ Kalpi said, taking the phone, Kalpi dialed Vittal’s number, it rang twice before someday answered “ hello ? “ Vittal asked, Kalpi smiled, “ baba ? “ Kalpi whispered, “ Kalpi…..Kalpi beti ??? is that you !!!?? “ Vittal said happily, “ haan baba….it’s me, tu kaise ho baba ? “ Kalpi asked with tears in her eyes, “ I’m fine beti…how are you ? did you arrive safely ? is Raghav treating you well ? “ Vittal asked, “ Haan baba…I’m fine, it’s very beautiful here…” Kalpi said sobbing, “ I wish you were here baba “ Kalpi sobbed harder, “ Me too beti…” Vittal said sadly. After 20 minutes Kalpi hung up and got up, she went to the balcony and opened the doors and looked out, she was about to go in when she spotted someone walking around the pool, squinting her eyes she found that it was Raghav.

Raghav paced up and down the pool area in the night sky, the words that Sammy said just kept repeating in his head, now Raghav was curious, was Kalpi like that under that innocent sweet façade ? Raghav let go a deep breath and looked up to the sky, he promised himself, that he will do almost anything to make Kalpi happy and comfortable here…..with him.