Chapter 9 - Rabba

Mumbai

“ Sir, we found him, we found Vittal Jadhav “ one of Sahil’s men said, “ perfect…bring him to me “ Sahil said and dismissed him. Sahil sat back, drank his Brandy and smirked, “ whatcha gonna do now Raghav Singhania ? “ Sahil said.

Tuscany, Italy

“ so did it work ? “ Nina asked, as they sat at a quaint little café having their brunch, Kalpi smiled and nodded, “ see I told ya !!!! the pressure is on !!! “ Nina said excitedly, Kalpi giggled. Raghav paced back and forth in his office, the image of Kalpi yesterday was haunting him though out the whole night, he could not even get enough sleep, even the cold showers which he had did not work, “ hey man…woh what happened to you ? “ Sammy asked in shock as he studied Raghav’s face, “ dude…you look like a panda man “ Sammy chuckled, “ shut up Sam !!! “ Raghav yelled and went and sat down at his desk. After some time, Raghav banged the table with his fist “ damnmit !!!!! “ Raghav growled and stood up and started pacing back and forth again, Sammy sighed and put down the file “ ok…what happened ? “ Sammy asked, “ nothing happened “ Raghav growled back and kept on pacing, “ noooo…something happened, now what is it ? “ Sammy asked, Raghav wanted to say what happened, be he could not get the words out, “ It’s Kalpi isn’t it ? “ Sammy questioned, and Raghav nodded dumbly, “ what did she do now ? “ Sammy asked, Raghav looked at him and looked away “ I can’t tell you “ Raghav said, “ if you don’t tell me how can I help you ? “ Sammy asked, “ I don’t know…..” Raghav ran his fingers though his hair and laid back on the couch and closed his eyes.

Kalpi was laughing at Nina’s joke, “ I can’t believe he actually did that…it was hilarious “ Nina laughed, Kalpi smiled and shook her head, “ so what are you gonna do now ? “ Nina asked, Kalpi shrugged her shoulders “ I’m trying to find work…I can’t sit at home and do nothing “ Kalpi said, Nina nodded in agreement, “ why don’t you work with Raghav at his office ? “ Nina asked, Kalpi looked at her, “ I thought about it…but I’m too nervous to ask “ Kalpi said sitting back, “ want me to talk to him ? “ Nina smiled, “ no…it’s ok, I’ll find something else “ Kalpi said, “ I know, why don’t you take your resume and just go to him “ Nina said, “ you think it would work ? “ Kalpi asked, “ If it doesn’t…then I’m out of ideas “ Nina said, Kalpi just chuckled and shook her head.

Raghav and Sammy walked out of the restaurant after a meeting with a client, “ I think his proposal was sufficient. Don’t you think ? “ Sammy asked as they stood outside and discussed, Raghav nodded and looked at his phone, “ looks like Nina and Kalpi really hit it off “ Sammy smiled, Raghav looked at him “ huh ? “ Raghav asked, Sammy pointed and Raghav followed. Kalpi and Nina was were playing with some kids, they played catch as Kalpi tried to run but got caught by one of the little boys, she threw her head back and laughed and hugged him “ she’ll make a good mom…no ? “ Sammy smiled, Raghav smiled and nodded “ yes…..” he whispered. Kalpi was laughing and playing, “ rose ? “ one of the little girls asked, Kalpi smiled warmly and took it, she broke of the excess of the stem and tucked it behind the girls ears and gave her a kiss on the cheek, she little girl gave a toothy grin to Kalpi and hugged her, “ what’s your name little one ? “ Kalpi asked, “ Maria “ the little girl said shyly, “ my what a pretty name….just like this rose “ Kalpi smiled, the little girl smiled grew bigger and she hug Kalpi tightly.

Raghav smiled as the little girl hugged Kalpi “ the look that you are giving right now…is that you want kids “ Sammy teased, “ no I don’t “ Raghav blushed and looked away, “ puuuuhhhhhhlllleeeezzzzzz dude its so obvious “ Sammy sarcastically, “ ok fine…I do, but I have not even reached Kalpi yet, so how can I have kids ? “ Raghav asked, “ make your move “ Sammy said in a duh tone, Raghav gave an annoyed look to Sammy and got into the car. “ what about this ? “ Nina asked as he held up the outfit to Kalpi, they were shopping when Nina came out with a bright idea that Kalpi need to stared wearing lingerie to sleep “ no…” Kalpi said pushing the outfit away, “ come on Kalpi…you have to pick something “ Nina said, “ but I don’t want it….I’m very happy….for now “ Kalpi said, “ ok fine……but don’t say I didn’t warned you “ Nina said hanging the outfit back and pulling Kalpi out of the shop.