Chapter Five

I suggest ya'll listen to the song I posted. It's so amazing, Billy Idol is just great!

Chapter Five

It was Friday, and like promised, her classes ended early. Skylar had spent the entire week paying 100% of her attention to her classes, going to the library to study, dealing with hostile classmates, and Sarah's mood swings. The girl was sometimes on the verge of being nice and then her mood quickly changed and she decided to be extra rude. But Skylar was getting used to it.

Knowing that she would have the entire weekend to get work done, she decided to take into account what Ian had said to her the first day of classes; Stanford was a big school with many different people. So she decided to dress in a casual outfit of skinny jeans, flannel, and combat boots and made her way out to look for some fun.

She knew that there was a poetry slam somewhere on campus, there was probably some party being held, or some hipster gathering. The first thing she had to do though, well that was go for a coffee run to a coffee shop. 

It was there that she met a pink-haired girl named Cindy, she happened to be a barista part-time in between studies. Cindy was studying to get her master degree in art. 

"Lets just say I'll probably be living in my grandma's basement after graduation," she had said jokingly.

But Cindy had invited Skylar to a little get-together at one of her friend's place, and that friend just so happened to not be living on campus but at a little apartment not far from campus. Skylar was not about to pass on that, because after all, she didn't want to constantly be buried in her work, but she also wanted to enjoy herself.

Cindy's friends happened to be just four other people, all into art or literature, and they were all working to get their major or masters. Ronnie was a tall guy with a lanky build, had long straight hair that was uncombed and slightly greasy, and his hands were stained with various different paint colors. Gwen was a blue-haired girl with a lip-piercing, stretched ears, and had a very model-like body. She was gorgeous and Skylar was envious. Ash was the gay one of the group of friends, he was stereotypically stylish, very handsome, and really nice. Skylar knew that she would get along with him. Jason, the host, wore all dark colors, had dark, messy hair, and piercing blue eyes that could make any girl melt. He was more serious than the rest. Skylar would be lying if she said she didn't find him attractive.

"Well, guys," Cindy said, "this is Skylar. She's a law student."

Gwen raised an eyebrow. "You're a law student? Why are you hanging out with us?"

Skylar felt slightly awkward. Gwen had a point. She probably had nothing in common with any of them. She had wanted to make friends and have a little fun, but who was she kidding? The only people she had anything in common with were other law students and they were all too serious about the profession they were pursuing.

"Oh, come on, Gwen, give her a break," Cindy said, rolling her eyes. "She's cool."

"Well, you are very much welcome to chill with us," Ash said, giving Skylar a big smile. "Some of these people can get quite tiresome." He threw a playful look towards Gwen but she just gave him the middle finger.

Jason seemed to be a wine fan and offered everyone a glass. Cindy picked out a Billy Idol vinyl from Jason's collection and put it on the record player. Soon, the small living room was engulfed in Billy Idol's Rebel Yell. She had to admit that Jason did have good music taste.

Looking over his vinyl collection, she noticed that she might have something in common with him. Music. AC/DC, Skid Row, Metallica, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, David Bowie, Queen, and more flashed before her eyes and she was amazed. His collection was impressive.