Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

While driving to her classes, Skylar was feeling really confused. Even Nickelback couldn't distract her from her thoughts. She was confused because she was hurt, mad, and sad. But she really wanted to be with Ian at the moment, kissing him. But then she really didn't want to see him for a while. But she did want to see him. Then again, she was still hurt...

"F.uck!" she exclaimed, groaning. Why was it so hard to just forget about it?

To be honest, she was thinking a lot about Christina. She was so beautiful and seemed like a nice person. But she was also aware that Ian wanted nothing to do with her. He wanted to be with Skylar. He'd made that pretty damn obvious! Still...

When she got to her first class, Micah gave her a wink that made her want to vomit.

"Hello, there," he said, sitting down next to her. "How is your morning so far, Skylar?"

Rolling her eyes, she said, "It's great."

"Is that so?" He cocked his head to the side. "You don't look too happy. Having problems with Ian?"

Micah annoyed her way too much. Did he even realize that if she really wanted to, she could have him fired. The only reason he was still at the firm was because she'd convince Ian not to let him go. So why was he still acting like such a cocky as.shole?

"I don't think that is any of your business," she snapped.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"Can you get away from me?"

"But I like talking to you?"

"But your presence bothers me," she replied sweetly.

Maybe he realized that she really was having a bad day and decided not to make it worse. Maybe he was just too tired to argue with her. Nonetheless, he did move away, but gave her a light pat on the back before doing so.

Skylar groaned.

It was during her lunch break that she felt a little better. She met up with Jason to get lunch. Sarah tagged along. It felt good to just be with friends. She missed Kyle, really, but he was in Chicago. At least she'd be seeing him soon.

"You do not look too happy," Jason pointed out as their food arrived.

Skylar smiled. "What makes you think that?" She had been putting on a nice smile for them, and she was actually enjoying herself.

"Psychology masters, remember?" he said. "I've gotten really good at reading people."

"What's wrong?" Sarah asked, finally speaking. She seemed to be quite shy around Jason.

Well, she had to tell someone. It wasn't really good for her to keep her feelings locked inside. The only person she could really talk to was Ian, and, well, she couldn't really do that at the moment considering he was the reason.

"Ian and I, well, I don't know if it was a fight," she began. "It's just that we had a misunderstanding."

"What happened?" Jason asked.

"Uh, his daughter's mom came back," she explained. "He didn't really take it well. I was trying to help him, and convince him that she has a right to see Emily, she is after all her mom. He basically said that I have no idea what I'm talking about because I'm not a parent. I don't know. I guess I was hurt by his words. I just left. Whatever. I guess we'll have to talk about it later today."

"Well, that's normal," Sarah said. "Couples fight. Plus, it wasn't that big of a fight. You two will get over it."

"Probably have some hot make-up s.ex," Jason added.