Chapter Twenty-Three

 Skylar would have happily slept all day, anything to forget how s.hitty she felt. But the pounding headache induced by too much alcohol didn't want to let her, and apparently neither did Ian. He slightly shook her and waited for her to slowly open her eyes. Why did it have to be so painful? 

 She groaned as she took in her boyfriend's features, not that it was a bad sight, but she wasn't in the mood to look at anything. "What?" 

 "You need to get up," Ian explained. Skylar turned and buried her head in the pillow deciding to ignore Ian. Nope. That was not going to happen. 

 Ian sighed and ran his fingers through her hair. "Skylar, get up. You do remember that today is your sister's wedding, right? And you're a bridesmaid." 

 Right. That was happening. 

Groggily, she sat up, her hair covering her face. She knew that she probably looked like the Grudge, but honestly, she couldn't care any less at the moment. "Who decides to have a bachelorette party the night before the damn wedding?" she whined. 

 Ian shrugged. "Several women do." 

 Skylar fell back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. How was she going to get through the wedding feeling as terrible as she did? No. How was Heather going to get through her own wedding after having partying so much last night? Did anyone not think going out last night would be a bad idea. "I feel like s.hit," she said. 

 Ian graciously motioned towards the food waiting for her and, bless his soul, pain killers. "Take two pills and then eat." He helped her sit back up and handed her a glass of water and the pills. "Honestly, Skylar, I didn't think I'd ever see you like this." 

 She gulped down the pills and said, "I really hoped you'd never see me like this." How much had she had to drink last night? She really didn't remember much. "I don't even know how I got here." 

Now Ian laughed. "You don't?" 

 She shook her head. "No. I don't remember much besides the fact that everyone was having a bit too much fun." 

 "Well," he began, "you called me when you didn't start to feel better." 

 She tried to recall but couldn't. "I did?" 

 "Yes, so I picked you up." He laughed more thinking back to the night before. "You were very drunk."

"Yeah, I'm sure I was." 

 "You know you're very open with your thoughts when you're drunk," he said amused. "You have no filter." 

 That's when she got worried. "What exactly did I say?" 

 "Oh, you know, you were just very open about the fact that you wanted to have s.ex. Very loud about it, too. Several people heard. You also said that you wanted me inside of-" 

 "Oh my gosh, stop!" she pleaded. 

 "It's okay," he promised her. "It was quite entertaining." 

 She felt so embarrassed. Why would she say that? How could she not realize how inappropriate she was being? And in public! She was never getting drunk again, that much she promised herself. And poor Ian, she had technically been se.xually harassing him in public. She felt so ashamed. "I hate myself," she muttered, then reached out to get the food Ian had ordered for her. 

 He kissed her temple and said, "Well, don't. I love you." 

 Ian was already dressed for the big day, looking every bit the professional he was. He really did look great in a suit, it was something that she should have been used to seeing him but apparently she wasn't.