Epilogue

Epilogue

Sometimes it takes a whole rollercoaster ride to finally get to the best part. To get to where you want to be. At least that was what had happened to Skylar. Her life had not been the easiest. She had never thought that her clinically depressed self could attain the happiness she had so craved throughout her life. It had been hard to get to where she was, but it had been definitely worth it.

Being with the man she loved was all she wanted in the world. Nothing could compare to being alongside her one true love for the rest of her life – with Rinaldi as her last name now!

Life was great. She had a wonderful husband that worshipped the ground she walked on. He was everything she wanted and more. He had given her happiness, love, and a family. Emily had gladly accepted her as a step-mother, and then they'd expanded their family to two more little fellas: Erik and Aria. They were twins – they'd gotten so lucky. They were a beautiful family. Erik turned out so much like his father in the way he carried himself, with the same serious, yet sweet, demeanor. Aria had those same beautiful green eyes, just like her father. And Emily was great big sister; she loved her siblings so much!

And now, as she watched her children play with Sarah and Kyle's two children, she had to admit that she was only lucky lady.

"Look at them, they're so beautiful," Skylar cooed over the children. "Erik is turning out more and more like you every day."

Ian smiled and leaned down to kiss his wife's forehead. "And Aria is looking more and more like you every day. She's beautiful just like her mother."

It had been five years since their wedding day, and they were just as happy as they had been those many years ago. It was cheesy, but it was true. Skylar felt like nothing could possibly ruin what she had. It just wasn't possible.

She turned to her husband and kissed his lips softly. He still made her heart beat faster every time they touched – even he just looked at her with adoring eyes. He was the perfect husband. He worshipped her, was a loving father to their children, and always made time to make passionate love to her every night – or when they could sneak time in.

"I love you," she said against his lips.

"And I love you," he said back.

They would have gone back to kissing if it wasn't for Kyle joining them with a bottle of wine, his wife right behind him with some wine glasses.

"Alright, there are children here," Kyle pointed out. "Can we keep it PG, please?"

Skylar giggled and settled for cuddling up next to her husband. "Sorry, Kyle. But don't act so innocent yourself."

Kyle poured all of the adults a glass of wine and then settled down.

"I'm glad we could all meet up for our yearly reunion," Sarah said. "It's so great to see our kids getting along."

"It sure is," Kyle agreed. "But I think Erik is playing a bit too rough with my princess."

Ian rolled his eyes. "Now you leave my son alone, Kyle. He's an angel."

"Well, if he's anything like you," Kyle said, "we all know he's not."

They all laughed.

Kyle and Sarah had stayed in Chicago where she worked at a very good law firm. Kyle was still in school getting his Ph.D in psychology. They both had a lot on their plates with their career, or school, and two children. But they didn't want to wait. Starting a family was something they had both wanted for a while, so they just did it. They did not regret their decision at all.