Chapter Fourteen

Warning: This chapter contains material that some users may be uncomfortable reading.

Chapter Fourteen

"This is a good thing," Skylar told her reflection in the mirror. "A very good thing." And it was a good thing. Gregg had finally asked her out after spending a lot of time together. He'd ditched his friends during lunch to join her, he eventually got her to open up more. But she could trust him. He was a good person.

She spent extra time making herself look good. He was taking her to a concert downtown. A date, he'd told her. He said that he wanted to take things slow, that he wanted to make her see that he cared and just wanted to make her happy. "You deserve to be happy," he'd told her, giving her a smile. And his words struck her enough to make her want to try.

He picked her up from her home, her parents were happy to see her excited for something in a long time. She hadn't been that happy since before Ingrid passed away. They thought that Gregg was a good influence on her, that he would help her move on.

"You look beautiful," he said, leaning in to give her cheek a kiss. "But you always do."

She blushed because she didn't really receive compliments, well that was until Gregg started talking to her. He really knew how to make her feel special. "Uh, thanks," she said shyly.

They drove to the House of Blues where the concert would be taking place. The sun was setting behind the Chicago skyline. It was beautiful. There were people already in line, some probably having been there since the early hours of the morning. She didn't mind not being at the front, she was just excited to see the bands that would be performing.

"Are you excited?" Gregg asked.

She nodded. "Of course I am."

"I hope they don't separate us once we're in the crowd," he said. "These people get crazy."

The concert had been amazing. Sure, she had been stuck in between a bunch of sweaty people, crushed, and was slightly dehydrated, but it had been a blast. Gregg didn't let anyone separate them, not even the crazy fans pushing everyone to try to get to the front. He held her tightly throughout the entire show and made sure that she was safe, saving her from being kicked in the face by crowd surfers. He'd been the perfect gentleman.

When he drove her back home she didn't go inside her home quickly. She stayed in his car, both of them looking at each other with desire. She wanted to kiss him, and she knew that he wanted the same thing. So they did, and it felt great. And she didn't' stop him when he groped her in places she'd never been groped before, because she trusted him and wanted him to know that. She didn't seem like a prude. Gregg was, after all, older than her and probably had more experience. Was probably used to girls with more experience. She didn't want to ruin something good because of her insecurities. 

Skylar was happy. Like, really happy. The next morning she awoke with a smile on her face, thinking about Ian. She loved that he wasn't being selfish or pushing her to do things she didn't want to. She'd learned that he liked to please her, and that was really sweet and she loved that about him. He was too good, really.

Sadly, she didn't have to go to her internship on Tuesdays. So she most likely wouldn't be seeing Ian that day, but she had made plans with Sarah. She would introduce her to Jason and Cindy, hoping that Sarah would open up to new friendships. And she didn't want to push everyone away just because Ian was in her life, she had to put a little effort into keeping her friends. She didn't want to go back to being that loner girl that pushed everyone away like she'd been in high school. That was the old her. And she didn't want to look back.