Chapter Thirteen

Warning: This chapter contains some material that some of you may not be too comfortable reading.

Chapter Thirteen

Monday came along with all her classes and workload. Skylar had spent all night finishing up work after Ian had dropped her off at her apartment. She'd gone to sleep at around two in the morning, only getting a few hours of sleep. Good thing there was a such a beauty called caffeine in the world to help her get by.

She got to see Sarah in Torts, they were the first to arrive to class and sat down next to each other.

"So how are you liking your new place?" Sarah asked.

"It's nice," Skylar said. "You should come over some time."

"And is Ian being a nice boss?"

Skylar smiled. "He's great," she said, thinking about him always made her smile. She couldn't wait to go to the firm and see him.

"What's up with the big smile?"

She and Ian had agreed not to keep their new relationship a secret. And if anyone deserved to know, it was Sarah.

"He and I are sort of...well, we're dating," she confessed. 

"That was fast," Sarah said. "And how are things going so far?"

"Things are going great, actually," Skylar said truthfully. "What about you and your mystery man?"

Sarah shook her head. "He and I are done."

"What?"

"We're not...compatible," Sarah said. "I honestly don't care. I don't need a guy distracting me from school. No offense."

"None taken," Skylar said, a small smile on her lips. 

"At least you're dating a guy that knows the importance of law school," Sarah added. "I wish I could find a guy that understood."

Skylar pouted. "You wanna hang out later with me and some friends?"

"When?"

"Tomorrow after classes are over, I don't have to go to the firm on Tuesdays, I know some people and I think you might get along with them." And by friends she meant Cindy and Jason.

Sarah took it into consideration and said, "Fine. I guess I should stop being a grumpy person and go out."

Ian was buried deep in work in his office, he was done meeting with clients for the day but all the paperwork was stressful. He didn't notice how time flew by, and when Peter knocked on his office door, he was slightly annoyed.

"How may I help you?" he said, his fingers moving fast over the keyboard.

"It's lunch time," Peter pointed out.

Ian looked at the time. "Yes, it seems so."

"You're going to skip out on lunch?" Peter asked.

"I have a lot of work to do," Ian explained.

"You didn't skip out on lunch when Skylar was here," Peter said, raising an eyebrow.

That made Ian pause. What did he want to know about Skylar? He wasn't in the mood to explain himself to anyone. He and Skylar were dating now, what was there more to explain?

"Where are you going with this?" Ian asked.

"I'm just wondering if you would like to grab lunch with me," Peter said. "You're always skipping it and that's not really good for you. You have to relieve some stress sometimes."