Chapter 3

Rose was relaxing in the bath when she heard the front door open and close three hours later. "Yeah," she heard Sam say. "We got everything." "What about for the time of the month?" She heard Alexandra reply, "don't worry Joseph. I've got that covered." "Great." "We also have some clothes for college. We just need to find a good one before we get her a blazer and tie."

Rose decided that the water was cold enough for her to get out. She stood up and stood on the bath mat as she wrapped a towel around her body before leaving the bathroom. She walked into the room she was taken to when she passed out. She sat on the bed when she heard footsteps approach the room.

"Hi Rose," Sam greeted. "Hi." "We brought you some clothes and something for your...monthly problems." "Thanks. What about a hairbrush?" "We got you two of those." "Thank you." "Now I'd like to ask you a question." She gulped. "When is your birthday?" "The seventeenth of September." "That's not far away." "It's only May." "Hey, the time will fly by." "I don't know. Being on the streets felt like years passing by." "Trust me." "Okay." "Now get into something comfortable and come to the dining room." She nodded and did as he said before going downstairs.

"How do they feel?" Sam asked, referring to the pyjamas he and Alexandra chose. "They're comfortable. Thank you." "It's not a problem. Please sit." She sat at the dining table and saw a maid by the oven. "We're having lasagna for dinner." "Is it good?" He was shocked, but he could understand why she never tried it before. "You'll like it." She gave him a small smile and he returned it.

After an hour, Rose was finishing her lasagna and Sam could tell that she enjoyed it. "How was is?" he asked when she finished eating. "I liked it. It was really nice." The maid smiled as well as Joseph. "Can I please ask you something?" "Of course." "Why did you bring me here?" "I couldn't leave you on the streets. You're a teenager and you're vulnerable. I can help you." "How?" "Joseph. He's very well trained in self defence." He then spoke up.

"It's true. I'm a black belt in Karate." "That must be nice." "I'm like a bodyguard if you'd like to call it that." "As well as a server or waiter?" "Yes." She then asked, "can you teach me?" "Of course. It will take time to learn and you'll be able to protect yourself." She nodded before asking, "when can I start?" "Tomorrow," he replied.

After a couple of hours, Rose got into bed and fell asleep instantly. Sam checked on her after a few minutes and asked how she was. When she didn't reply, he gave her a small smile. "Sleep well Rose." He gently closed the door before returning to the kitchen to Joseph and Alexandra.

"How is she?" Alexandra asked. "Well, she's asleep. Hopefully she'll get a good nights sleep." "Yeah. Sleeping rough on the streets for two years...she deserves this." Sam then said, "I think I'll adopt her."