Chapter 20

For three months, Rose visited Sam everyday with Alexandra and Joseph while he was unconscious. Rose held his hand and told him about her day.

"I still can't believe this has happened." Alexandra gently placed her hand on Roses' shoulder. "Don't blame yourself Rose. This isn't your fault." She nodded and continued to watch her father. "He's going to make it Rose. I promise." She nodded again when she suddenly felt her fathers fingers move in her hand. "Dad?"

Alexandra and Joseph looked at Sam's hand and saw his fingers move. "Dad, can you hear me?" Joseph left the room and called for a nurse. Sam's eyes began to slowly open. "Rose," he said in a raspy voice. "I'm here dad." "You're safe." "Yeah. I'm safe." He smiled and opened his eyes more. He then decided to try and sit up, only to fail. "Don't sit up yet dad."

When Joseph returned with the nurse she examined him. "What happened?" he asked, confused of what occurred. "Mister Shore, you were shot. You pushed your daughter out of the way to save her." He smiled, knowing that his daughter was safe. "How long have I been out?" "Three months." He was shocked.

Joseph then reassured him by saying, "don't worry. We took good care of Rose. She had two weeks away from college, but we've been looking after her. We've been visiting after college and everyday while you were unconscious." "Thank you. Both of you." They nodded and the nurse told Sam when he would be discharged.

After two weeks, Sam was home after Joseph drove him with Rose by his side and Alexandra in the front passenger seat. "I don't want to let you go dad." He looked to his daughter and said, "I know, but you have to. You have college to go to." "I know." "Have your friends been looking after you?" "Yes." "Good."

Two months passed and Sam was back at work after recovering from his injury. Rose took care of him when she was home. "Is there anything I can get for you dad?" "No thanks Rose. Let's just relax together."

The two relaxed and talked to each other for hours until it was dark. When it was, Rose had fallen asleep, but she woke up just before Joseph picked her up. "Sorry. I just thought that the bed would be more comfortable." "Thanks. I'll go now." "Okay." She then hugged Sam.

"I love you dad." "I love you too Rose. Always and forever." She then went upstairs to bed and dreamed. The billionaire that was kind enough to adopt her and that would always be there for her.

Rose then knew that her life couldn't have been better if she hadn't been adopted by a billionaire.