Chapter 5

"Hello?" Sam answered. "Hi Sam." "Hi mum, what's wrong?" "I'm sorry to disturb you, but I was wondering if we could come over for dinner sometime this week." He thought for ten seconds and said, "yeah. But I want you to know something." "What's that?" "I have a teenage girl with me." "What?" "It's not what you think. I was making my way to the car when I saw her. She was homeless. Nobody was helping and I couldn't leave her."

His mother then asked, "so what happens now?" "She stays with me. She's an orphan. Her parents were killed in a car crash and she's been homeless for two years." "You're helping her. That's something." "Yeah. I want to adopt her." "Don't rush things Sam." "I'm not. She doesn't have anyone. I want to be her dad. I can take care of her." "Whatever you think will be good Sam, do it. We trust you." "Thanks mum." "What day is the best for us to come and visit?" "Thursday. I'm not working then." "That's great. I'll tell your dad." "Okay then. I'll see you then." "Bye Sam." "Bye mum." When he hung up, he placed the phone back on the table and went to sleep.

At eight o'clock in the morning, Rose woke up and went to Sams bedroom, only to see that he wasn't there. She checked the main room downstairs and saw that he wasn't there either. She found Jospeh in the kitchen with another man. Joseph turned around and saw her still in her pyjamas.

"Good morning Rose. How did you sleep?" "I slept well. Where's Sam?" "He's gone to work. We're here to look after you while he's out. This is My friend Elijah." "Nice to meet you." "And you. Joseph told me what happened. I hope that's okay." "It's fine." "I'm also here to help you." "What with?" "Training." Joseph then said, "have some breakfast, get into some exercise clothes and we'll begin." "Okay."

After having some toast with a drink of orange juice, she got into some exercising clothes and returned to the kitchen. "Are you ready?" "Yes." Let's go." The three left the kitchen and they walked to the other side of the mansion to a large room filled with some mats, boxing gloves, punching bags and a boxing ring. "A boxing ring?" "Yes. We sometimes use that to help with our training." "Will I have to box?" "You may. We'll see how you progress."

She watched Joseph grabbed some kick shields. "What are those?" Rose curiously asked. "These are called kick shields. This is what we use to practice punching. Joseph, grab some gloves." He did as requested and gave them to Rose.

"Now, start punching at the shields. Let's see you try hitting on the right." "My right or your right?" "Your right with your left hand." She punched at the shield and Elijah told her to do the same with the left. She did and he told her to go a little faster and a little harder. She did. "This will build your strength. Keep going."