Chapter 14

Rose woke up the next morning and she thought that the first thing to do was to apologise to her father. She got out of bed and walked to his bedroom door. She knocked on the door and she heard a quiet 'come in' before she began to open the door.

"Dad?" "Hi Rose." "It's time to get ready to leave." He gave out a gentle cough. "Sorry Rose. I can't." "Are you sick?" "I'm fine. Get Joseph to take you." She walked closer towards the bed and said, "get well dad. I love you." He gave her a small smile and told her he loved her back as he watched her leave.

He began to sit up, only to collapse back down onto the mattress. Alexandra walked into the bedroom and saw that Sam was still in bed. "Sir?" She asked with concern. "Make sure she gets to college safe for me." "What can I do?" "Cancel my meetings for today please." "Yes sir. I'll be back shortly." He nodded and watched her leave before closing his eyes.

Ten minutes later, Alexandra returned to the bedroom and said, "your appointments have been cancelled for today sir." She didn't receive a reply. When he didn't, she walked towards the bed. "Sir?" She checked his pulse and that he was still alive. She then checked his temperature and saw that it was very high. "Joseph!" He quickly made his way up the stairs and into the bedroom.

"What is it?" Joseph asked with concern. "Get me a bucket of cold water, a damp flannel and a glass of water." "On it." He left and returned four minutes later with everything that Alexandra asked for.

After half an hour, Joseph was driving Rose to college and they were almost there when Rose suddenly asked, "will you please look after him?" "Of course Rose. Your dad will be looked after by us and a personal doctor. He's private for your dad. He will remain with him while we give your dad what he needs." "Thank you."

When they arrived, Rose thanked Joseph for the ride and she walked towards her friends.

"Hi guys," she greeted with a sad face. "Hi," Felicia greeted with a concerned look. "What's wrong?" "My dad. He's sick." "Sorry." "Don't be. Let's go." They went inside and got on with their day.