Chapter 4

"Are you sure?" Joseph asked. "Yes. She has no family and nobody to take care of her." "We're here to support you and help you when you need it." "Thank you Joseph."

Later that night, everyone but Sam was asleep. He was sat at his desk in the office sorting out paperwork when he heard the door open. He saw that it was Rose. "Hey. Are you okay?" "Yeah." "Can't you sleep?" "I just went to the toilet and I thought I'd thank you again for letting me stay here." "I couldn't leave you on the streets Rose. You don't deserve that. But with you being under eighteen, you're still a kid and an orphan. I couldn't leave you there."

Rose then walked further into the office and asked, "can I give you a hug?" He gave her a small smile and said, "of course." He stood from his chair and walked towards her before wrapping his arms around her shoulders while she wrapped her arms around his waist. "What would you say if I asked you to be my daughter?" She pulled away from him. "Sorry?" "With you not having your parents, and the situation you were in, I was thinking about adopting you. Would you like that?" She thought about it.

"Do I need to answer that now?" "No. Not straight away. Take your time to think it through. It's just a suggestion. You at least need a parent. And I want to give you that. You'll live here, have everything you need and do as you please." "What about education?" "I'm working on it. We'll find the best place possible for you." "Thank you." "Can I also ask you something?" She nodded. "It's about the crash." She gulped. "We're you in the crash?" She nodded. "My mum died instantly and my dad died in the hospital, not long after we arrived there." "What about you?" "I had concussion, but other than that, I was fine."

Sam then said, "why don't you go back to bed and get some sleep? It's been a long day." She nodded before thanking him again and leaving to go back to her room.

Alexandra then entered the office. "Sir?" "What is it Alexandra?" "It been hours. You need to sleep as well." "I will. I'm just finishing the paperwork. It won't take much longer." She nodded before leaving him. He sighed heavily before finishing the paperwork. Once he finished, he left the office and made his way to his bedroom when he stopped outside of the room Rose was staying in. He carefully opened the door and peeked inside to see the teenage girl sleeping peacefully. He left the door slightly open and left to go to his room.

He saw the amount of papers that were in the room. They were on the desk in the corner of the room and some were scattered around on the floor by the bed. He sighed heavily before getting changed and getting into bed. He laid flat on his back and stared at the ceiling. "Am I doing the right thing?" He asked himself. "Would I be a good father?" He heard his mobile phone vibrate on the table next to him. He turn over to his side and grabbed his phone.