Chapter 7

At eight o'clock in the morning, Rose woke up and she felt stiff yet refreshed. She walked out of her room and saw Joseph on the landing. "Good morning Rose." "Good morning." "Sam wants to see you in the kitchen." She nodded, thanked him and went downstairs to the kitchen. She saw him sitting at the table and she sat opposite him. "Good morning." "Good morning Rose. How did you sleep?" "I slept well." "Good. I'd like to let you know that you are now my daughter." "Does that mean I can call you dad?" "Of course." "Thanks...dad." He smiled. She smiled back but it quickly faded from her face.

"Is something wrong?" She decided to confess to him. "I heard you last night." "I'm sorry you heard that." "Did you have to fire her?" "You're my daughter now. If anyone talks bad about you or if they dare say that you're using me for money, they will be fired. You're not using me. You were homeless, yes, but I know that you wouldn't use me. I trust you." "Thank you." "So, I'll call the main phone later just to check on you. If you need anything, just ask Joseph and Elijah." She nodded and asked, "can I hug you?" "You don't have to ask. You're my daughter now." He held his arms out and watched his new daughter approach him.

Once they hugged, Sam left to go to work, leaving Rose to train with his servants.

"Left. Right. And Right. Left." Rose did as instructed and did well with her training, they decided to train until midday as Rose was stiff. "We're proud of you Rose," Elijah happily said. "Thank you." "How does it feel to have master Sam as your new dad?" "Weird." "I bet. I'm sure you'll both adjust." "How do you know?" He told her something she never thought she'd hear him say. "I'm also adopted." "You are?" He nodded. "How old were you?" "I was seven. I lost my parents when I was in school. They had to go to the bank, but they were killed in a robbery." "I'm sorry." "Don't be. It was years ago."

At twelve o'clock in the afternoon, Rose, Joseph and Elijah were sat at the table in the kitchen having some chicken sandwiches for lunch. "You did well this morning Rose. You should be proud of yourself." "I am."

After lunch, the three sat on the sofa and were relaxing when Sam suddenly walked into the room. "Master," Joseph said surprised. "I know, I'm home. I thought I'd be quick with this visit. I just thought I'd let you know that I'd like everything to be spotless for Thursday." "That's in two days." "Yes. My parents are coming over." "Excellent sir." "So please do as I ask." "Yes sir." Rose then asked, "what about me?" "You can help if you'd like. I'm sure my parents will like you." "I hope so."