Chapter 13

Later that night, Rose was in bed and fast asleep when Sam was watching her sleeping. Joseph and Alexandra approached him and he continued to watch his daughter.

"Sir?" Alexandra asked quietly. "Yeah?" "Is there anything we can get you?" "No thanks guys. You've both done enough today. Go and get some sleep." "You need sleep as well." "I'll go in a few minutes." "She'll be fine." "I know." The two servants left as Sam continued to watch his daughter sleep for another five minutes before going to his room and going to sleep for the night.

At two o'clock the next morning, Rose scrunched up her face as she was having a bad dream. She began to moan and after a few seconds, she moaned louder. Sam woke up and ran to her room. He walked into her room and heard her. He quickly approached the bed and sat on it before carefully placing his right hand on her right shoulder.

"I'm here Rose. You're safe." He watched her carefully before she suddenly screamed. Sam gently rubbed his hand up and down her arm and reassured her that she was safe and that she had a bad dream. She turned to face him and he saw tears falling down her face. He gave her a hug and she hugged him back. That's when Alexandra and Joseph entered the room in a flash.

The two saw that Rose was crying and approached her. "Are you okay?" Alexandra asked with concern. Sam told them to give him and his daughter some space. They did as requested and watched on. "Could one of you please bring a glass of water?" Joseph answered and left the room before shortly retuning to the bedroom.

"Here you are Rose." She pulled away from her new father and took the glass from Joseph. "Thank you." He nodded and watched on. Sam remained sitting on the bed as he helped to try and calm his daughter down. He rubbed his hand up and down her back slowly to comfort her while she drank the water.

Once Rose finished the water, Sam took the glass from her and held it out to Joseph as he thanked him. He returned his attention to his daughter and saw her lean back against the pillows. She closed her eyes and didn't say a word. Sam began to worry. "Do you want to talk about it?" She shook her head and tried to relax. He turned to his servants and said, "I've got it guys. Go back to bed." They both asked if he was sure and he told them he was sure. They left and he continued to watch Rose.

He stayed with her until he whispered, "are you awake?" When she didn't reply, he gave her a small smile before carefully standing up, telling her he loved her and left to go back to bed.