Chapter 10

On Monday the next week, Rose was ready to return to college. "Alright Rose," Sam calmly said. "You have your phone that I bought for you and a new haircut. I hope your friends like your new look." She looked in the mirror on the wall and saw her straight dark brown hair that was just above her shoulders. "If they don't, I don't care. I like it." "Let's go. Remember that the college has my number as well if you need to come home early. I'm afraid I'll have to remain at work, but Joseph, Alexandra and Elijah will be inside." "I know dad."

When they arrived at the college, Sam parked his black Audi and Rose said goodbye to her father before getting out. Students were shocked to see her. "Is that Rose?" a male student asked with confusion. Another asked, "is that really Rose Thornton?" She looked around and saw a familiar face. "Felicia?"

Her friend was the same height as her with long blonde hair tied up in a high ponytail. "Rose. Look at you, what happened?" "It's a long story. I was on the streets when I was eleven after my parents car crash and the out of the blue, a kind man took me to his house. Then he adopted me." "Who is it?" "His name is Sam. I don't know his last name." Her friend looked to the car she got out of and saw the man behind the wheel. "Sam Shore?" "Are you sure it's Shore?" "Yes I'm sure. Everyone knows him." "I didn't until I met him." "He was kind to adopt you." "I know." They then watched him drive away when a male student approached her.

"Hi Rose." He was a scruffy haired blonde who was just a little taller that her. "Why did Sam Shore drive you here?" "If you can believe it, he's my dad." "No way," he joked. "It's true. He didn't have any money to give me, so he took me to his place and took care of me. So, he adopted me." "That was kind of him." "I know. It was so sudden." "Well, it's nice to see you back. Your friends have missed you." "I missed them too, Andy." "You want to go out some time?" "Can it wait until we're a little bit older?" "Sure. We can still be friends." "Great."

At lunch, Rose was sat with the blonde male that spoke to her when he saw her get out of her adoptive fathers car. "So how does it feel being adopted?" "Weird, but at least I have a parent and a roof over my head." "Yeah. Your hair is much better as well." "Thanks. At the time, I actually thought about getting it cut shorter." "It suits you." She thanked him again and walked inside of the building.