Chapter 15

Sam was still in bed once Alexandra returned. "Rose is at college sir. She's safe." "Thank you." "How are you feeling?" "Same." "I'll prepare the meals today." "You don't have to do that." "I want to. Joseph will be here while I get the meals and Joseph will pick up Rose. You just relax today. You're Hardly ever ill." "I'll be fine Alexandra." "No arguments. Just take it easy."

Rose had a long day at college and was ready to leave. Once the bell rung, she went outside and saw Joseph waiting for her.

"Hi Joseph." "Hi Rose. Your dad is asking for you." "How is he?" "Well, he feels better than this morning." They got into Joseph's red Audi and Joseph drove home.

Once home, Rose went upstairs to find her father out of bed. "Dad?" "Rose." "How are you?" "I feel better. Thanks for asking." "Can I get dinner today?" "No Rose. Let me do that. Really, I'm fine." He suddenly stumbled and she rushed to his side. "Dad." "Get Joseph." "I'm not leaving you. Joseph!" He suddenly rushed into the room.

"Sir." He rushed to Sam and held him around his waist. "I've got you. Let's go to the sofa." The three walked to the living room and sat on the sofa. "Do you feel dizzy?" "Yeah." "Lie down." He and Rose stood up as Sam laid down. "Have a nap." "I don't want to." "Sir, you have the day off because you're ill. Just take it easy and relax."

Alexandra the walked in with a glass of water and a couple of painkillers. She set them on the table and stood with Joseph and Rose. "Come on Rose. I'd like to show you something." "What about my dad?" "He'll be fine. Joseph is taking over." She looked to her father with a sad face and nodded.

Alexandra took Rose to her room in the house. "What would you like to do?" Rose was asked. "I don't know. Can't I look after my dad?" "He's supposed to look after you. Not the other way around." "I'm his daughter aren't I?" "Yes." "Then I should help to look after him." "Well-" Alexandra started, but was suddenly interrupted by Joseph.

"Alright, he's asleep." "Good." Joseph closed the door and walked towards the two females. "He'll be fine Rose," he reassured. "What would you like for dinner?" "Do we have any chicken?" "Yes." "I'll have that please." "Good choice." "What about my dad?" "Leave him to sleep. He can have something when he wakes up." "Okay." The three then went downstairs and walked into the living room to see Sam asleep on the sofa.

Rose suddenly stopped walking and looked at her father. "Can I stay while you get dinner?" The two servants looked at each other before nodding. She sat on the chair next to the sofa and watched her father sleep. She was concerned because of what she went through. He was someone special to her after he was so kind to adopt her. She then whispered, "I'm here dad. I love you."

Rose was quietly called to dinner an hour later and when everyone finished, they returned to the living room to find that Sam was awake.

"Dad." "Hi Rose." "How are you feeling?" "Much better." He sat up and Rose gave him a hug which he returned. "Just one more day and we have the weekend together." "Can we see your parents?" "I'd have to call them first." "Okay. I like your mum." "Thanks."