Chapter Four

The day flies by Lyon has already gone home and I'm glad Christopher came to pick him up today and not Landon. I sit myself down onto the couch with some caramel popcorn in my hand ready to watch my show when breaking news pops up, "Breaking News, an anonymous tip has stirred the plot of the tragic murder of Harley Quest the 25-year-old who was brutally murdered in her house in Australia on the 26th of August. The tip states "I find it funny how quickly this case closed and her two ex-best friends were never really questioned or even one of the ex-best Charlotte-Rose's ex-boyfriend was questioned. I mean for all we know they could know how she was murdered or even yet helped covered it up". So, pleas-," I turn the TV off tears falling down my face again. Fuck Him.

"Oh god he really did it," I hear Harley whisper under her breath, "Charlie, I think you really shou-"

"Shut up," I whisper, "SHUT UP," I scream and shoot up from my seat and snatch my laptop off the desk.

"Charlie what are you doing?" Harley asks.

"Shut up you're dead get out of my head. You are a selfish bitch who got killed," I start editing the video making me unrecognisable. Changing my voice and editing out some of my furniture to make my apartment look different.

"Charl-"

"Charlotte-Rose my fucking name is Charlotte-Rose now if you don't shut the fuck up and piss off somewhere else, I will really lose my shits," I growl before creating a random blog, "You don't understand all the shit we did for you. We helped you in your career, but you never gave two shits about ours you were always jealous of how close Kayla and I were. You always tried to break us up, you even tried to sleep with my at the time boyfriend," I title the video "Famous Lawyer Landon Heart Shows up at Random Girls Apartment Drunk Wanting to Fuck Her" I smile at the title, "And post! Now we just wait for people to see the true Landon Heart," I giggle softly, "Oh and Harley, I know you are trying to manipulate me into coming clean because I was always the easiest to be manipulated, but not anymore, your tricks don't work on me anymore and they will never work on me again. You want to know why they won't," I take a deep breath, "Because you're dead," I shut my laptop and walk away to my bedroom for the night.

••••••

He's become a joke in the past twenty-four hours. I haven't gone home, to be honest, I'm scared he is going to be there. I hear my colleagues talk about him wondering who the mystery girl is. My feet slowly take me upstairs I don't know if he is here, I just pray that he's not and will leave me alone. I even canceled babysitting Lyon yesterday just to avoid Christopher and Landon.

Turning the key in the hole until I hear the clicking noise of it unlocking. I swing the door open. Everything is quiet and still, it was just how I left it. I let out the breath I've been holding a little too early. As soon as I turn the corner into my living room two men sit on my couch. Their dark brown hair is slicked back with gel keeping every strand in tack. A lump forms in my throat as Christopher is the first to move. He stands up and turns to face me. I take a couple of steps back until I was pressed against the kitchen bench, "What do you want?" I am the first to break the silence.

I watch as Christopher fixes his suit up and clears his throat, "We just want to talk Charlotte-Rose," which brings Landon to his feet.

I cross my arms over my chest, "Well, what if I don't want to talk?" I hiss at them.

Landon's jaw ticks and in a second, he has himself pressed against me making our breaths mix together, "You don't have a choice anymore Charlotte-Rose when you decided to post that video of me all over the internet," his eyes bleed with anger.