(18)

After you spent all morning with the Corporal with this 'special training' he was kind enough to treat you lunch. It was nice you get to eat something else, rather than the usual mushroom broth, with bread and steamed potato.

Anyways, You ordered Mashed potato and gravy with one piece chicken, along with water and an apple. The Corporal ordered Beefsteak and a vegetable salad, along with some red wine. If you compare your's and the Corporal's, his is much fancier. Well,  it was his treat so it'll be embarrassing to order the expensive ones.

"So, what was the reason why you joined the Scouts? You'll be doomed."

"I wanted to partake with humanity's movement, reclaiming Wall Maria and Shiganshina District."

"Really? So, you're not worried if however you got eaten by a titan?"

"No, not at all. If it's an attractive titan, then it would be much like an honour to."

You said as you sipped your water. You turned your gaze towards the Corporal, only to see that he's giving you a creepy look, almost like a death glare. "You don't make fun about things like that, Cadet." You freaked out.

"Ah! No, nothing like that sir! I just, sometimes i use humour to tend my lack of response."

"So, if you die you probably won't care?" The Corporal asked you while sipping is wine, with a raised eyebrow towards you.

"If I die, I'll be proud to say that, I'll die without any regrets."

"Really? You can't be too sure with that. You're still a kid you'll have regrets later on."

"Well, if you put it like that. But, i come into terms with myself that I do not wish to live with regrets and hatred. That's my promise to myself."

"You don't get it, hate and regret is something you can't decide."

"I disagree, Sir. Regreting and Hating are a choice. You did something bad, you choose whether to regret it or not. Someone did something bad to you, you choose whether to hate them or not. I choose not to, so that i could be free, imagine being enslaved with something like that."

"I guess you're right. Funny how someone could change with someone's influence. Now, that i think of it nothing is actually permanent."

"You know what is permanent, Corporal?"

"What?"

"Love. I have one last question, Corporal." 

"Go ahead."

"Do you know that you are loved?"

"..." He felt like his heart stopped, his lips pressed together that formed a thin line, preventing a frown to form. No. Was the answer.

"If your answer is no then, I love you." 

"Tch. How can you say that, you don't even know me that much."

"Ok, i saw that coming. You said that i can't love someone because i don't know them well, enough. But people also hate people even when they don't know them, well enough. So, in summary, if people can hate for no reason. Then i could love someone for no reason. "

"...tch." he mumbled as he took another sip in his wine, as for you. You continued eating your lunch. He cannot lie, he felt special, in another way, that is. Someone who likes him with pure intentions, not because of something he has or he is. Just pure, not because of anything.

As much as he stop himself he can't help but smile. Such a nice feeling, he's experiencing. Though, he don't know what it is but it feels good. After a long time he felt like this, can't remember when was the last time he did.

Though, he doesn't mind it. He would like to be able to feel this again.

"LEEEEVAYYYYIIIII!!!" The loud screaming alerts the both of you, as Hange came inside screaming like a maniac. "What is it now, four-eyes?...!"

The Corporal said. Clearly annoyed, just how Hange ruined his moment. "I need! Ernesta! Please, come with me, my dear. I have a surprise for you!!!"

"Squad Leader, Shush..! You're disturbing other costumers." Moblit said, with his whisper like voice. "What surprise?" You asked her clearly curios on what she's up to today. She smiled before pushing her glasses up her nose.

"It's a surprise, so no telling...! Don't tell her, Moblit! That's why! I really need her right now!"

"Tch, alright. Just quiet down, we're done with training anyways. Cadet, you are dismissed." You finished your meal before saluting towards the Corporal. He waves you off as you walked with Hange.

[NOTE: Your Relationship with Levi is a Father and Daughter Relationship. Not a Romantic one. When Ernesta said she loves Levi it meant she looks up to him, and respect him just like her own Father. And Levi is fond of her just like a Father who is fond of his Daughter.]

...

"Erwin, here's the one we we're talking about." She opened the door for you, The Commander was sitting on his chair, a pleased look was plastered on his face when he saw you. Hange immediately exited the room. Leaving the both of you and Commander alone in the same room. You saluted towards the Commander.

"Ah, Yes. Cadet, Emberstone. I have heard alot about you. You with Mike and specially Hange. I heard we have a promising soldier in our branch, so i wanted to see her for myself."

"Sir, I'll have you know, that i am not the only promising soldier in this branch. There's loads of us, counting Eren in. Therefore, Humanity's safety is ensured."

"Humble. Hmm, that's new. We are counting on you, partake our missions and I'll go see for myself how we'll mold you into an outstanding soldier."

"Mission, Sir?"

"Yes, one of our mission. It'll be in a week. You have a week to train. I guess you'll go and train with our Strongest or Second? Either choices are great for you." 

....

"I must say I'm impressed with the way you handle your ODM gear. You're a natural, flexible, indeed. However, you are easily worn out, you lack of stamina, Now that could be a huge disadvantage with long term missions, specially when you put so much force on your swing. I suggest, running every morning to build your stamina. You're calm in panic situations though you are aggressive with the sword, they won't last long if you keep doing that. Don't use too much gas, just hold your postion in the right angle."

You nodded as the Commander pointed out your flaws. He's great with observing. You didn't even noticed those things he pointed out, actually maybe you do need to improve stamina, most specially stamina! As he said, you should.

"It was such a pleasure to meet you, Cadet. If you improve i might, take you on a position."

You were surprised by this. He is truly amazed by how you fought. Who are you to decline in such a offer. If it also sounds like a challenge. You'll love a challenge.

"You're on, Commander Erwin.."