(26)

"Wah..! You're crying now, what a crybaby."

Said a young boy as they pushed a little girl down to the ground and giving her a punch on her cute little face.

The little girl's lower lip trembled as tears glisten in her blue eyes. As the other children laughed at her state another kid who was clutching her books walked passed them.

Although she couldn't help but look at the scene. The other kids gaze looked at her, the same for the little girl on the ground.

You looked at them with a bored look.

"Who is he?"

"He looks like someone from the noble family."

They said as they judged your current attire. A white blouse with a blue vest over along with the brown shorts.

"Tch. She's a girl. Her family own the large farm over there."

You looked at them with bored as your gaze averted towards the girl on the ground her blue eyes stared back at you, with the most vulnerable look you've ever gazed upon.

'This is my chance!' You try to muster an 'innocent ' smile only for you to look absolutely creepy.

"He-Hello..."

Their faces showed a terrified expression as you continued smiling towards them. Probably scaring the heck out of the little girl, specially the little girl.

"O-oi...!" The boy was able to muster brave enough to actually stand infront of you. You looked down at him, staring into his soul (unintentionally). This sends chills down his spine, a crawling sensation goes up his spine.

"Hi there..."

You said in a rather threatening voice. The boy was taken aback by your behaviour and immediately backed up.

"You're so weird! Book freak! Stupid Book freak!"

They said before they all started running away, leaving the little girl on the ground. Looking at you with a curios look in her eyes. You looked defeated as you slumped your shoulders and continued you path.

'She's lonely.... just like me!'

The little girl thought as she watched your form disappear into the distance leaving her.

.......

"You have a strange child, Esmeralda."

One of the woman pointed out. While you were just sitting on the tree branch while reading a story book called The girl in the Red Hood.

You and your mother are currently guest at one of her friends house. Your Mother and her small group of friends sat down on their garden table, enjoying tea, and chatting at the same time.

Your mother look at you. Like normal, you're a normal kid in her eyes. Yet, at the same time she thinks that you're different. It's true that you were never a childish child. As most children are, but you're her child she doesn't see it as a flaw.

"Indeed she is. However, i get a feeling that she's like that because she simply just can't get herself open up to other children. At some point i know that she's always hidding something she doesn't want anyone to know. It's a bit weird for a kid, but that's just normal. Everyone hides something as well."

The all looked at you, At some reason the branch cracked and you fell. Everyone at the table gasp and looked at you, your mother just calmly sipping her tea.

As they watch you rise up the ground. You dusted your short and shirt. You pick up your book dusting it as well making sure there was no page ripped.

A moment passed after checking the book and seeing that there is nothing wrong with it. You held it in your arms and went somewhere else.

Your mother placed down her cup of tea. A chuffed smile adorned her facial features. "That's my girl."

....

On the next day. You on with your usual day, a trip to the library.

A small girl was trembling as she peeked through the library's door. You simply walked passed her as if she was never there.

The girl let out a squeak, took a deep breath and took all her energy to muster out the words. "U-uhm..! Excuse me!"

You looked back in confusion as you were not expecting someone was there, despite just passing by her lately. You let out a hum with a question mark.

"Tha-thank you for the other day..!"

You freaked out. As she said that, you distanced yourself a bit. As you stared down at her while she was doing a almost perfect 90 degree bow.

'A person talking to me? Ok, act normal.'

"Ah, have we met?"

As if a lighting struck her. She looked at you with a dumbfounded and shocked look. As she looked up and wiggled her hands around the air.

"U-uhm yes! At the park!"

"Oh? What were you doing there?"

She looks down while fiddling her skirt. She was hesitant, rather because of the embarrassment you caused her.

"I wanted to find a good hobby. I tried those gardening and bug catching but there were lots of rude children there. I want to try this one."

You looked at her with a sympathetic look. As she continued fiddling with her skirt, you almost feel like joining her too.

You held the door, as she was caught off guard and almost fell. She looked at you with terrified eyes, but it completely vanished.

As she saw you holding the door open for her to come in. She gave you a soft smile while doing so. She entered, you lead her towards your usual spot, and offered her a seat.

You stood up to try and look for something both of you can read. Like those fairytales you liked, Adventures and stuff.

You picked your desired book and suggest it to her. Most of them you suggested she red the most. Although except one; It was called The Princess and the Monster.

She looked at it with wonder as it seems like a good book to her. You had red it dozens of times now. The ending still intrigues you.

You looked at her and let your hand out. "I haven't introduced myself... " You cleared your throat.

"The name is Ernesta Emberstone. Yours?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Historia Reiss.."

[Since this book get to experience top 1 in the 'xreader' category. I will be making a one-shot chapter in this book. Pick a character and I'll make a one-shot chapter with them and you.

e.g: Levi, Eren, or a female character if you want. Majority wins.]