(38)

Narrator's POV 

"Eren would make a barrier using his hardening skill. That would secure our horses inside. I would assist them along with a few cadets. I suggest some of them would hide inside the houses, the enemy is far."

Erwin nodded in agreement. Although he couldn't help but find your plan is too well-planed. As if you knew exactly what would happen.

Everyone stepped back as Eren prepared himself to transform. He bit his hand. A loud bang was heard as he immediately use his hardening skill to create a crystal barrier that surrounded our horses.

He almost couldn't get out but managed to anyways. Your squad walked towards you. You eye everyone and spoke.

"I'm going to scout the near areas. Jean, I'm giving you authority among our squad members. Armin, feel free to tell The Commander anything. You two--"

You pointed as Mikasa and Eren.

"Keep your cool. Don't just lash out without any plan. You two--"

You pointed at Sasha and Connie.

"Don't start crying ok? Marco, please stay with the rest of the cadets."

They only nodded. You mounted your horse and began going your way.

They all watched as your form disappear. "You heard the Captian. Towards Shiganshina!"

Jean shouted as the all launched themselves towards the gates of the District.

.....

"Hey!"

You shouted slapping the reins of your horse as he immediately ran faster. You are in a panic state. Riding your black stalion as fast as he could while frantically looking around for titans, or titan shifter.

You are desperate. And tired. A bang was heard behind you, you assumed it was Eren transforming so you just shrugged it off.

Although after a short while another one came, then a row not so far in front of you. A few moments later you heard loud thumping Which could only means titans were running towards them.

You closed your eyes silently praying for Marco for he was the one outside.

Reiner's was probably the second lightning he's probably after the horses. You thanked yourself for taking action about it.

As you turned your head back on the road the ground shook on you as both of you and your horse bounced up. Then crashing on the ground. A large shadow towered over your form, you looked up to meet with The Cart Titan's glowing red eyes.

Your horse fled away although your ODM gear is fine. You are a good five meters away from the Cart so you made a run for it.

Launching your cables towards the tree only for it miss it because of the Cart titan reappearing in front of you.