(48)

IT'S A HEARTACHE, EREN

Narrator's POV

The young man sat on the very far corner away from everyone. Their operation to kill you does not make him happy, or sad. Just nothing, his eyes are tearing, his heart was broken, yet he felt nothing. Just emptiness, he feel useless than ever.

Without you to comfort him about it. You are really good with words, he basically hear everything he wanted to know from you, as if you know everything about him. Every question, every doubt he had you answered and reassured him.

Maybe he's a slave after all. How unfortunate of him to be like this.

His mom is dead.

His Father and Brother is a murderer.

The woman he loves hate him. Wow. What a life. At this point of his life no one could convince him that he is actually useful.

He did not even helped with the fight that took place at the Walls. The Rumbling began yet he didn't even do anything. Did not even helped making the small campingsite they made to rest for the night.

Both sides sat around the campfire, just there not saying anything, a campsite that is full of eldians, same race, yet different ideology.

He mindlessly watch as Jean beat up Reiner for almost killing Marco. Marco who didn't even tried to do anything just sat there watching, glaring at Reiner who did nothing but let them hit him.

At the corner of his eyes he spots the girl who attempted to kill Sasha. She rush to block Jean's attack only to get hit. Jean immediately stopped his rampage and looked at the kid in shock.

"No, you are right. We are all the same, yet we see eachother as enemies. Please Mr. Jean, I want to apologize for whatever they did. They didn't know any better, they were kids who wanted to be heroes. And I was too, you were right Reiner, there aren't any demons here, only people. We just said they were, we judged them even before we knew them."

Eren starred at the little girl bewildered, amazed, and shocked. How curious, she does understand. Surprised that an enemy would have the ability to understand their enemy.

A moment passed and finally Jean came back and took a seat next to Marco. He gave one last glare towards Reiner before speaking.

"You don't have to apologize for what these punks did. Whatever they did it was their fault not yours and not all of Liberio. I forgive you Gabi. But you, I don't forgive you Reiner."

"That's fine. I don't expect you to."

"You really are a pain in the ass, asshole."

For once Eren opened his lips to speak. His voice came out a bit hoarse and dry.

"Were you working with Ernesta back then when we were cadets?"

Reiner looked at him in shock. Eren's heart stopped and pupils shrunk. Doubt swarming his head. Taking his reaction it was probably a yes. He knew it, why did he even asked.