(20)

Narrator's POV 

"Great job on buying us time, Levi." Commander Erwin said as him and Levi stood beside each other. Levi was cut off with his death glare towards the so called Female Titan.

"Tch. Don't give me all the credit. It was mostly done by our comrades who sacrificed their lives, specially her. She did almost the work. After this bitch swatted her, she got stuck in a daze before she continued her tantrum, which bought us a lot of time."

Levi once again glared at the Titan. With hate in his eyes. While, the Female Titan showed a clear horrified expression. "Whoever was in there, i bet they're pissing themselves."

"Erwin, before anything else. I would like to go back and search for her." The Commander nodded giving him approval. "Don't forget to replenish your blades and gas." The duo stood there eyeing the Titan. Now, time to see the coward that hides behind all that flesh. Levi steps forward ready to amputate her arms but Erwin quickly stops him. "Wait, Levi..."

He said as he gestured his hand and more cables pierced through her flesh.

....

Your POV

I blinked as I stared at the sky. I passed out for a few minutes. Minutes, i guess. My eyes widen as I remembered Levi squad. I pushed myself up, suddenly I was cut off when a loud screaming was heard through out the forest. I gritted my teeth and wasted no time and immediately launched my cable and went zipping towards the direction towards where The Levi squad was.

'Wait for me!'

I said in my head, wishing that i won't be late. Not long enough as titans began swarming the area, I did my best to eliminate a few specially the smaller ones.

"Gah!"

I screamed as I found out my blades were all dull. I kissed my teeth, and silently wished that i won't run out of gas too soon.

'Don't die yet' 

....

"All soldiers withdraw! Redeploy the formation! Return to Callaneth District!" The Commander ordered everyone. They oblige then fired the Blue smoke indicating that the Mission is over. Everyone on the outskirts of the forest saw the smoke signal and retreated back to their original squadrons.

Meanwhile Eren's group saw a Green Smoke signal. Gunther fired Green; huge mistake. Now the Female Titan knows their location. It won't be long now till they will see a hooded figure amongst them.

All soldiers went towards Callaneth District as they were told. The sound of loud hooves thumping against the ground was heard as the horses raced towards Callaneth District. Some soldiers were lucky enough to be seen  alive most of the bodies they found along the way are dead.

Levi was more than worried he would constantly went back and forth on his horse. Searching for your body. Disappointed whenever he doesn't, his blood rushing in his head. His heart thumping loudly.

As for the Female Titan, Hange said that the  person must've escaped and went towards where, Eren is now. She isn't wrong though.

As for you, you used your dead comrades functioned gas as you kept running out of gas. Three times Now, cursing under your breath as you did so.

...

"Hey you! Who are you!" Gunther yelled at the hooded figure, at first he thought that maybe it was his Squad Leader, How he was so wrong, they didn't replief instead they cut one of Gunther's cables. Gunther was surprised and was unable to hook his other cables.

He swung towards his single cable, he closed his eyes preparing for the impact, he felt nothing. All he felt was a body colliding with his. He saw the same person who got swatted by the Female Titan. His eyes widen."Are you ok?!" She asked as Gunther only nodded she pulled him towards the tree branch, "Retreat, sir. I'll take care of this!" Was all she said as she went towards Eren's group.

"I trust our squad's victory." Eren yelled as the trio smiled and went towards the Female Titan, they all let out a scream as they attacked her. The Female Titan was able to crystallize her fingers protecting her nape. Her head snapped and was about to bite Eld dead.

Only for someone to push him out of the way. Their eyes widen at the sight of the cadet who should've been dead. But she isn't, They didn't really confirmed if she was dead or not. They only know that she was swatted away by the Female Titan.

They watched in horror as half of her body hangs in between the Female Titan's mouth. The Female Titan who is also in shock to see the girl alive. "Everyone! Retreat with Eren!"

They were taken aback with their junior's sudden order. "Don't you trust us, Cadet?!" Oulo screamed at you. "Don't give me that! We all know that you don't have any plan! If i trust you what are you gonna do?! Just attack?! Then what?! Die?! Go and defend Eren!" You screamed back at him. They stared in horror, they did as you told them.

Once they were out of sight, you trembled to pull yourself up and looked at the Female Titan's eyes. Your hand on her lips in order to push yourself up, and make eye contact with hers. Your pale blue eyes met the darker ones. You managed to smile at her, through those eyes that held tears, you still looked at her the same, A shaky breath escaped your trembling lips, as more tears gathered in your eyes.

"Annie...!" 

You manage to say.

"It hurts..."

You said as your voice trembled in the end.
Tears poured down your eyes and began. Her eyes widens as immediately let's go of your form watching in terror as you fell down from her mouth, she couldn't take it anymore. So instead of following Eren, she ran away.

As for Eren, his eyes widens as he watched you fall. You were so helpless, all he did was watch as you fell, "Please i want to help!" He screamed at his comrades. "Please!"

"If you want to help! You just shut your mouth! And Retreat!"

"She sacrificed herself for your safety! Don't waste it!"

Eren let out a cry, just as he was about to bite his hand, Eld knocked him out of his consciousness. Him and Oulo hoisted him up and escaped from the forest.