Chapter 24

"Katy I don't want to."

"How about we go to the mall."

"No."

"How about we go to the club!"

"I'm not feeling that."

"How about... We train?"

"Katy I told you I don't feel good." I wine and roll over on the couch. I snuggle further into the blanket and close my eyes.

"Anna! You've been on the couch for the whole day!" Katy complains and plops down beside me.

"I told you that I don't feel good!"

I've been feeling under the weather for over a week. At first, I thought it was because I had a cold, then after I threw up a few times I knew that I had more than a cold. So I decided to live on the couch until Tyler gets back from duties, so he can cure me with kisses.

"How about we go to the studio?" Katy suggests yet another idea.

I let out a loud groan and pull the blanket over my head. I wanted to call Tyler and let him know that I'm not feeling well, but I didn't want to bother him. He was working, my big, important Alpha.

"Katy I don't feel like puking all over a dance floor."

"Then... Do you want me to get you anything? Like some Pepto-Bismol?"

"Isn't that for diarrhea?" I glare at her.

"What I don't know my medicines okay?" She rolls her eyes and leans back into the plush couch. "Maybe you should have told Tyler, he would be back in a second just to take care of you."

"No! He's busy, plus I'm not hopeless!"

Suddenly Jackson appears in the living room with a stack of papers. He smiles at us briefly and heads to Tyler's office.

"Why isn't Jackson with Tyler?" I ponder out loud.

"The meeting was apparently super privet, Alpha's only." Katy mocks Tyler in an annoying voice.

I swiftly grab a pillow and throw it at her head "That's my mate you're talking about!"

She glares at me and throws the pillow to the floor. "Ever since you and Tyler became fully mated I swear you have been such an..."

"Hey guys, everything okay?" Jackson asks as he joins us in the living room.

"Just peachy." Katy hisses with a clenched jaw.

"You guys want to go swimming? I found this awesome lake in the west woods."

"Sure." I agree briefly.

"I thought you were sick?" Katy says confused.

"Ya, but a swim sounds nice." I smile smugly.

"I'll meet you guys out front okay?"

I nod and get up to get changed. I look back a see Katy still sitting on the couch. "Come on grumpy." I chuckle. Her face breaks out into a smile and she shakes her head. Before I know it Katy and I are changed into our suits and ready to go. We race outside to see Jackson walking up to the house changed also.

We walked through the woods enjoying the fresh air. I glanced at the birds chirping in the trees and the small forest animals scurrying on the dirt floor. As I look further into the trees a body of water comes into view.

"Come on guys!" Jackson cheers and runs towards the lake. He jumps into the water and lets out a loud scream.

"Boys." Katy and I laugh. We catch up to Jackson a set our stuff on the ground before jumping in the cool water ourselves.

We splashed around and hung out until I got super tired. I sat down on a fallen tree and relaxed.

"Hey, when did your dad leave?" Katy asks and joins me on the tree log.

"Hey had to go to the same meeting as Tyler," I answer briefly.

"It's getting pretty late, maybe we should head back to the pack house."

~•~

Oh no! Not again. I swiftly slip out of the bed sheets and sprint to the bathroom. I swing the door open and run to the toilet. I got down on my knees and released the contents from my stomach. When I was finished I flushed the toilet and grabbed my tooth brush and tooth paste.

I still haven't gotten over that cold.! Tyler is coming back today I can't have him see me like this.

I just can't figure out why I'm only getting sick in... The. Morning. "Katy!" I screech throughout the pack house.

Before I knew it the bathroom door slammed open and Katy had a giant knife in her hands. She was breathing heavy, but when she saw me her face fell.

"Anna! I thought someone was attacking you!" She scolds me like I was the boy who cried wolf.

"Katy... I-I think..."

"Wait y-you don't think..."

"Katy... Take me to the doctor."