Chapter 28

I was motionless.

The room started spinning, and I wanted to hide under the bed.

How was I stupid enough to not think about my scent changing. I mean it changed when I got my wolf when Tyler and I fully mated, and it should obviously change if I'm pregnant.
My mother told me about this. I asked her one day when we found out our Beta's mate was pregnant. I asked her all about mates and pregnancy and the future.

Tyler knew right when he got home, during dinner, in the living room. What am I supposed to say? That I'm scared?

I shouldn't be scared, I should be strong.

"I'm sorry," I whispered gently with a shaky voice. "It's just... I'm scared."

Suddenly I was engulfed in his big arms. He pulled me onto his lap and I snuggled my head into the crook of his neck. "I'm sorry, I didn't know what to say." I apologized again, almost crying.

"Shh." He chanted in my ear. "I love you, and everything is going to be okay."

"I'm sorry." I glance up at his chisel face.

"I know Anna-"

"No, I-I don't even know if... you want this..." I mutter and stumble over my words.

"Don't you ever say that." He looks down at me, into my eyes. His thumb gently wipes a tear from my cheek, and I lean into him.

After our little conversation, Tyler held me in his arms until I calmed down. He gently rubbed my back in circles, just like my sister used to. My eyelids grew heavy and we laid down. I rested my head on Tyler's chest he slowly played with my hair.

"The doctor told us the chances," I mumbled into his bare skin. Just the contact soothed me.

"Shh, everything will be okay." He whispered.

~•~

"Hey, Tyler do we have any pretzels?" I whispered to him and turned my head to see him.

He looked up from his desk and shrugged. "I'm not sure, do you want me to look?" Tyler offered.

"Oh no, it's fine," I whispered again.

"Anna, why are you whispering?" Tyler asked confused.

On the couch in Tyler's office, I rolled onto my stomach. "I don't know..." I stopped whispering. "But don't pretzels sound good right know?"

Tyler rolled his eyes and set down the piece of paper he was reading over. "Anna I can get you pretzels."

"Tyler it's fine your working."

"Anna, it's just pretzels, I can-"

"No Tyler your working!" I shout at him and roll back onto my back. I grab the throw blanket resting on the top of the couch and pull it over my body.

"Sweetie if you want pretzels I can get you pretzels."

"Tyler I don't want you to put important things on hold just because I'm craving pretzels!"

Tyler got up and walked over to me. He bent down and kissed me on the forehead. "I'll be right back."

"Okay... just don't take long, there's important work!" I called after him.

I sighed and rolled onto my side.
All I can think about is crunchy, salty, delicious, pretzels. These pregnancy cravings aren't giving me a break. Yesterday I couldn't stop eating tortilla chips, the day before it was pickles.

I turned my attention to the TV. I grabbed the remote and turned it to Nickelodeon, only because Adventure Time was on.

Tyler came back in the office but holding a big bag of crunchy, salty, delicious, pretzels. My eyes lit up and I could take them off of the pretzel bag.

Tyler walked over to me and handed me the bag. I immediately pulled him to his knees and kissed him all over his face, saying thank you in between.

When I finished my kissing attack I let him go to do his Alpha work. He let out a chuckle and lightly shook his head.

"I love you!" I yelled at him with a mouth full of pretzels.

Suddenly a pack guard came bursting through the office doors. I quickly sat up and put the pretzel bag of deliciousness aside. Tyler stood up from his office chair.

"What is it?" Tyler called to the guard.

"Alpha we're under attack." The man breathed heavy.

My eyes shot to Tyler.

"Bring the Luna and Katy to the safe zone, and don't take your eyes off of them!" Tyler ordered.

I got up from the couch and ran to Tyler. He pulled me into his arms, and I looked up at him. "Promise me you'll be careful," I begged.

He nodded and quickly kissed my lips.

I went with the pack guard to the living room where Katy was. She was staring out the window in panic.

"Katy let's go!" I shouted at her.

She didn't think twice before following us to the safe zone.

The safe zone was under the coat closet. There was a trap door that the guard opened. We all went down the steps into the underground room. I turned on the light and sat on one of the couches.

The safe room was fairly simple, I've only been in it once when Tyler was showing it to me in the case of an emergency. The walls were gray and the floor was a medium wood. There was also a chair, couch, food, water, a bed, and separate bathroom. It was like a little basement.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my head on them. My heart was beating like crazy and I couldn't stop thinking about Tyler. What if he gets hurt?