Chapter 32

"He's dead?" I ask quietly, not quite sure I heard correctly the first time.

"Anna everything is over, he's dead." Tyler assured me. He pulled me back into his arms and rested his chin on the top of my head.

I let out a shaky breath.

"Good. I'm glad we don't have to deal with this any-" Suddenly I was cut off by a sharp pain in my lower spine. I immediately started rubbing the spot with my hand, in attempt to sooth it.

"Anna what's wrong? What happened?" Tyler panics and turns me around to see what's bothering me.

"Oh I'm fine, I've just been getting weird little pains in my back." I shrug it off. "Do we have Cheetos?" I ask randomly. I've been craving them for the past hour, I just didn't want to say anything.

"Let's take you to the pack doctor." Tyler suggests, well more like tells me.

"No no she's probably busy, I mean we just were attacked. Plus I made us an appointment tomorrow, I have to get a checkup on the baby." My eyes wander down to the tiny baby bump. It's in there, and tomorrow I'm going to get it a checkup, because it's still there.
But the 70% chance is still there too.

"Let's head inside."

~•~

"I'm going to take a quick shower." I tell Tyler before I enter the bathroom.

"Okay, I'm going down to the office to finish something really quick." He lets me know before leaving our room.

I went in the bathroom and shut the door. I took off my shirt, but turned to the mirror. My hand gently ran across the small bump. My baby is in there, Tyler's baby is in there, our baby is in there.

I let out a sigh and stripped off the rest of my clothes. I turned on the shower, and the warm water shot out of the shower head. Hopefully this will sooth my back pains.

I stepped in the shower and closed the glass door behind me. The inebriating water cascaded down my back and over my baby bump.

I grabbed the shampoo and squeezed some out onto my hand. I massaged my scalp with it, creating a relaxing sensation. I took a deep breath, everything is going to be okay.

I'll have the baby and we'll be a happy family. Maybe if we're lucky we'll have another baby in a couple years. Tyler and I will get married, and grow old together. Katy will find her mate, and we will have family barbecues and dinners.
Everything will be okay.

I felt something tickle my leg, so I glanced down. A stream on crimson red ran down my leg and into the drain.

I couldn't breath.