Chapter 4

I didn't sleep all night. Katy would come by and knock on the door asking me to let her in, so we can talk. I didn't feel like talking, just being alone. At first, all I did was cry; now I'm just staring at the ceiling while I lay still on the bed. I knew that if I tried to leave now, he would haunt my mind and heart forever. Why did he think that he wasn't good for me? We were made for each other; he's supposed to be the best thing to ever happen to me. How can I have a future with someone that said our kiss was a mistake?

knock

"Anna, you can't stay in there forever." Katy talked to the door.

"Yes, I can." I protest in a board tone.

"Come on Anna, please open the door." Katy cries.

Was she crying? I quickly got up at placed my ear to the door; I heard her sobbing on the other side. I unlocked the door and swung it open; she was crying in her hands, until she looked up.

"I should have done that first." She smiles and pushes past me entering the room.

"Fake crying?" I ask annoyed.

She sits down on the bed and pats the space beside her. I sigh and walk to her. I sit down where she instructed me to.

"Tell me what happened Anna, you've been in here for two days." She asks soothingly.

"I don't think you want to know Katy."

"Anna just let me help you."

I guess after being alone and all my crying I could use a friend.

"Fine. I went to go give him back the credit card, and I did." I take a deep breath and continue. "I asked him if he was going to reject me and he told me to reject him," I explain, my voice shaky.

"What!" Katy yells.

"I said no then he pushed me up agents the door; he kept telling me to reject him. I kept say no, and he let go... he said how he didn't deserve me and how much he wanted me." I looked her in the eyes. "He said I was beautiful." I blush.

"See I told you he was holding back, he wants you, Anna!" Katy cheers.

"I'm not done. We kissed." I glanced at my hands in my lap, Katy squealed.

"That's so great! We're going to be sister in laws!"

I waited till she calmed down. "He said it was a mistake." I breathe out, my voice cracking.

Her face went blank, and she stopped dancing.

"He said what?" She asked pretending she misheard me.

"That it was a mistake." I would cry, but I wasted all my tears earlier.

"Oh." She sits back down beside me. We sit silently beside each other looking at the floor.

knock

We didn't get up to see who it was, and we just sat there. The door opened, and Jackson stood in the doorway.

"What are you guys doing?" He asked confused.

"Being sad," Katy answered blankly not even looking up at him.

"What happened?" He asked closing the door behind him.

"Tyler kissed Anna, and he said it was a mistake." She blurts out.

"Katy don't tell people!" I scold her.

"He kissed you?" Jackson repeats, surprised.

"Stop talking about it!" I demand both of them.