Chapter 41

My eyes flutter open and I am greeted by a white ceiling. Groaning, I turn my head to the side and notice a nice table with a lamp, telling me that I am in a bedroom. Attempting to sit up, I wiggle forward but immediately stop when a sharp pain hits my neck. Glancing down, I see my arm thoroughly wrapped up, keeping it perfectly in place. How long was I asleep for?

My eyes roam around the room until they land on a door off to the side. I try to move my legs, but they only reach a few inches from where they were. My head is dizzy, someone must have given me painkillers, the same person who must have taken care of my arm.

I may not know what will happen to me, but at least I know my baby is okay. Tyler, he must be so worried. The last time I saw him he was in his office researching more about Lycans. What if I was right, what if Richard is a Lycan?

Sighing, I rest my head down gently on the pillow.

I miss him terribly—if only I knew how long it has been since the crash. Surely he will find out about the crash and come looking for me. He could already be searching now. Tyler could be minutes away and I would not even know it.

Please let him find me, I do not know how much longer I can last here. If my father was right, Richard will not kill me. He already mentioned building his strong army, so my fathers words held truth.

All I need is Tyler, all I want is to have him here with me, I think to myself. Just as I close my eyes, wanting to gain more energy, they pop right open.

Katy! How could I forget? She was in the collision, she was with me, so is she also here? If Katy is, I have to look for her, find her before anything horrible happens.

Suddenly, the door clicks and glides open, revealing the man who haunts my nightmares. "Perfect, you're awake."

My brows scrunch together as he walks over and takes a seat on the bed. "Y-you..." I murmur, annoyed by my dry throat.

"Oh sh, save your energy."

Anger bubbles inside me, reaching the brim, as it is dying to come out. "Tyler," I breathe. "H-he... will come."

"The Alpha?" Richard asks, amused. "He can come if he wants, but he will not make it too far."

My face turns red with fury. I want to fight back, to defend myself and shut him up, but my useless body is detaining me from doing so. His man has ruined my life and all I can do is listen to him savor it.

"Soon enough you will give birth and commence the beginning of my pack. The first pack of Lycans in decades," he breathes in, drunk with power. "It may take years, but I will eventually be the strongest leader alive."

"It is best if you forget about your past," he continues. "You will be the Luna of the strongest pack in the world. Soon, you will not even remember that Alphas name my sweet."

I flinch back as he brushes my cheek with the back of his hand, his touch makes me sick.

"I should be going," he stands up from the bed. "You need your rest if you are going to heal in time."

"Tyler w-will—"

"Yes, yes," he cuts me off. "Your mate will come for me, I will not get away with this, and all. You will get over the past soon, and I will not have to deal with your threats."

My eyes harden as I watch him leave the room. The door clicks again and I am alone.

I have to make a plan myself, I cannot wait for Tyler or anyone to come save me. If Katy is here, I have to search for her, but at the right time. There must be guards around, watching, so I have to prepare myself. Finding a phone is on the top of my list also. Just a two seconds with Tyler could make a huge difference, he could track the call.

Taking a deep breath, I relax. I need to heal as fast as I can. There is no way I can sneak around this building all bruised and scratched up. I will have to deal with my arm, but as long as my legs work well, I can at least try.

There are no windows in the room, only the door, so I will have to get through somehow. The clicking noise tells me that the door is obviously locked, which I expected. I will have to wait until someone comes in again, then I can make my move.

Though I would be grateful for Katy's help, I hope they did not take her also.

What if—no, I should not think in such ways. Katy is alive, she survived the crash, she is fine. If the men did not take her, she could have escaped and found her way back to the pack—that is what I need to hope for.

Closing my eyes, I try to sleep with thoughts of my mate on my mind. I have to be strong for him and our child. If I do not try, I will be letting them down. I have to try and escape until Tyler finds his way to me, because I know he will. He has to find out about the crash somehow, he has to come searching for me.

Relaxing my aching muscles, I listen carefully to any noises either in the building or outside. After a few minutes, whispering voices sound from the other side of the door, yet I cannot make out what they are saying.

Groaning, I calm the rage building up inside me, and I focus.

Just listen Anna, listen for anything.