the dog dies in this one

Sleeping through major events always felt like shit. Lee didn't mean to do it though. She really didn't.

It had already been a long day at work, with all the 'mysterious attacks' she had to file. It was infuriating to fake ignorance when she knew what was actually happening, who was really behind the attacks.

Then she had another appointment with Dr. Prescott. This session had taken a bit of a turn, varying from the typical work they did.

This time they talked about Nickie.

"You looked up to Nicholas," Dr. Prescott mused, like he had discovered something brand new.

"Don't all kids look up to their older brother?"

"Sometimes," he nodded. "But your brother wasn't really a role model."

"I guess not," Lee sighed. "We were never super close. Ten years apart and all that. I always thought he was cool. Like, properly cool in the rebellious punk sort of way, you know?"

"So you admired him because he was cool?"

Lee thought about it for a moment. Trying to figure out how to answer, or really, what the answer was.

"At first, probably," she agreed. "But like I said we weren't really close like siblings closer in age are. Then I got my Hogwarts letter. My parents weren't very happy. Barely let me go. Thought I was some sort of freak, I think. Nickie didn't though. He thought it was amazing. He told me he got really lucky, having the coolest sister in the world."

"So you bonded through a love of magic," the man suggested. "Did you ever resent him for getting a normal life?"

Lee laughed at that.

"Fuck no," she replied. "Nickie's life fucking sucked. If anything he would be jealous of me for getting out of the hell hole we were raised in."

"Was he jealous?"

Lee thought about it for a moment.

"I dont think so," she shook her head. "Just sort of sad. Like he was missing out. But he never treated me bad just because I got lucky."

Nickie wasn't talked about much more that day. Lee didn't know if she was being obvious, or if Dr. Prescott was just that good at reading people, but the topic made her sad. She missed him, and sometimes thinking about it for so long was too much.

When the session was over, she went straight home. Well, straight to Grimmauld Place. It certainly did not feel like a home, and Lee was certain that it never would. It was where she lived, for now, and that was all.

Lee bumped into Sirius on her way up to her room.

"They fix you yet?"

Lee grinned at the joke.

"Course not, we haven't even got to my daddy issues."

The exchange was left with his laugh, as Lee continued to the sitting room. There she found Percy, sitting in the dingiest looking armchair she had ever seen. His glasses sat low on his nose as he read the book in his hands.

Ozzie sat in his lap, looking at the pages as Percy read.

He was reading aloud. Pointing at the pictures, and changing his voice for different characters. Lee leaned against the door frame tiredly. They were so very cute.

After a few moments of watching them, Lee left. Neither noticed her presence, and perhaps it was better that way. She didn't feel like being around people at the moment. She was just tired.