kiss from a rose

Poppy Pomfrey was not a nosy person.

But she couldn't help the fact that voices traveled well in the quiet Hospital Wing.

The healer also couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face when she heard Percy Weasley's heartfelt admission.

Poppy had seen many relationships through her time at Hogwarts. They tended to repeat themselves. There wasn't much inter house relationships, and when there were they usually didn't last long.

But when she saw a truly special couple, she was filled with joy. She was happy that the students found happiness in each other.

Poppy had seen the terrors of being a teenager. Outside of freak accidents and petrification, Poppy also treated students for some mental health and serious conditions. A Hogwarts Healer really had to be a jack of all trades.

More serious cases were sent to St. Mungo's, but that rarely happened.

She had seen depression, anxiety, ADHD and many other disorders.

She had talked for hours to student who were struggling (she had discussed sexuality to a multitude of students, which was always awkward, but ended with a happier student).

Poppy had comforted girls who saw their boyfriend snogging another girl.

She had healed bruises when students came back over the summer.

That was always the hardest thing.

No matter what she did, Poppy could never get those children into better homes.

She had a rare student with a genetic disease. Usually magic helped with that sort of thing, but it wasn't perfect.

All in all, Poppy had seen a lot.

And never had she seen a couple like Percy and Lee.

They were absolute opposites.

Lee was a free spirit, and rarely visited the Hospital Wing. When she did, it was because she got into a fight. Lee was strong headed and defended the people she cared about without a second thought. A true Hufflepuff.

Percy was very by the book. He followed rules and did well in his classes. He had only been a patient once. He had caught a cold and it took all of Poppy power to get him to take a sick day. Poppy refused to let him go to class, no matter how much he protested. 

But their contrasting personalities seemed to be what made them a good match. They balanced each other out. Poppy could feel that they would last.

She looked forward to the day she was proven right.

So, of course, she was happy when she heard Percy Weasley's confession. It was heartwarming, and Poppy decided to keep to herself that even petrified, the students wake and sleep as normal, until she gave them a special sleeping potion to avoid trauma. Poppy hadn't administered that potion yet. 

She could only hope that Lee was listening.

_______

Percy visited Lee everyday.

Every time it hurt that she wasn't there, not really.

But it was better than not seeing her.

Often he would recount their classes, tell her that he missed her or told her about any pranks the twins pulled. Every night he left a kiss on her forehead and said goodnight.