two steps foreward

Lee woke up slowly, as a blinding light peeked through the curtain in their bedroom.

Her head felt like it was floating in water, her brain occasionally bumping the sides of her skull. She'd had worse hangovers.

When she thought it would be okay, Lee sat up and swung her legs over to the side of the bed. She was careful not to wake up the ever peaceful Percy, who would have a much rougher morning.

Lee stood up from the warm shelter of the blankets and immediately regretted it as she was hit with a wave of nausea. She barely made it to the toilet.

With a sigh, Lee leaned against the bathtub, arm still draped across the toilet. She flushed it, but made no move to rise.

Everything just felt bad.

There was a moment, when she first woke up, where it felt okay. Like everything was normal, and Lee was still in training. Then she remembered. And she just felt sad.

Lee didn't even know why.

She was super close to the kid, who gave her the right to be sad?

Maybe it was just the suckyness of it all.

It seemed that Percy wasn't too far behind her. After a few moments of silence, he came rushing in, with a similar objective.

It would get better, surely.

_______

A week later and the pain had subsided. The whole event felt like a dream, though Lee knew it wasn't.

But it seemed that the universe had it out for her, because she became sick.

She did her best to go to work, as she didn't think she was contagious. Percy, however, was very concerned.

"Love, that's the second time today," Percy said, as Lee walked out of the bathroom.

"Third actually," Lee winced. "Around lunchtime at work."

Percy sighed and stood up from his seat on the couch.

"Come on," he grabbed her arm gently and led her to the fireplace.

"Where are we going this time?"

"St. Mungos."

"Perce, I'm fine," Lee protested.

"No you're not," he turned to her. "Please, just to be sure."

Lee rolled her eyes, but stepped into the fireplace anyways. She grabbed a handful of floo powder and shouted the name of the hospital.

Lee stepped out of the other side, Percy not far behind her. She had never been in St. Mungos before.

"Its this way," Percy began walking towards the lobby area.

Within twenty minutes she was in a room, waiting for the mediwitch to arrive.

There was a light knock at the door before it swung open, revealing a very short blonde witch.

"Hello," she said cheerily. "I'm Dr. Morris. So I hear you have been experiencing vomiting lately?"

"Uh, yes," Lee nodded. "About two to three times a day."