for the next illusion

"Now, I know that this may seem like it's under your level, you are seventh years," Lupin began class with a happy grin, "but I think you should all have the experience of defending yourself against a Boggart."

The rattling cupboard made Lee uneasy. It was scary, and not really something that she wanted to get near. This would be interesting.

"Who can tell me what a Boggart is?" Lupin asked, crossing his arms.

A few hands raised.

"Mr. Clarke."

"Alright, it doesn't really have a specific form, just becomes whatever your scared of, pretty spooky shit," Jack was never a very eloquent student, but at least he was smart.

"Though I'd refrain from profanity, that is correct," Lupin lightly scolded. "Who can tell me how to get rid of a Boggart?" Hands flew again. "Ah, Mr. Weasley, perhaps a more appropriate answer?"

Percy nodded with a slight smile before answering.

"The spell riddikulus is used to banish a Boggart. The caster must make the Boggart into something they find funny, which is difficult when presented with your greatest fear. Only laughter will work," Percy was never one for short and sweet.

"Excellently put, ten points to Gryffindor," Percy smiled at the praise. "If you all could practice pronunciation with me before the fun begins?"

The class chanted the spell until Lupin decided they had it down. They also reviewed want movements. It really had been a long time since they first learned this.

"Alright, now if you could all get into a line, we can get started," Lupin smiled as everyone rushed to get in line.

The class gasped as fears were exposed, and then laughed when they were turned into a ridiculous joke.

Lee could feel the nerves build up inside if her. She had no idea what her fear would be. She didn't have any irrational fear, like being scared of spiders. She just rolled with life.

Lee wasn't scared.

But that didn't stop her from worrying about what might be revealed about her boggart. She didn't know of anything she was scared of, but the Boggart would.

When the last person in front of her went Lee braced herself for the worst. She really didn't want to see a dead Percy, but that was the only scary thing she could think of.

The previous joke quickly turned into a man.

He had shoulder length dark hair, the same colour as Lee's. He had faded blue eyes and a stubble lined face. He wore old jeans a t-shirt and a baggy flannel. His eyes were bloodshot and tired.

"Nickie?"

Lee was confused. How could her brother be her greatest fear?

"Professor, I think something's wro-"

Lee was interrupted by her boggart.

"How could you let this happen Leah?" Nickie cried.

"Don't call me that," Lee tried to stay calm.

"Lee, the spell," Percy whispered, but Lee couldn't quite hear him. Her blood was rushing too loudly.

"We were supposed to go and get a better life, get out of that damn house. And you just stared at me?"

"You died!"

"Because you couldn't get any courage to call a bloody ambulance!" Nickie screamed. "It's your fault I'm rotting six feet under."