Chapter 1 - The Meeting

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI AERA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"What is that? Cindy please hurry up and fix Aera's hair." My mother called one of our maids to my room. 

I looked in front of the mirror, at my hair that took way too long of curling. "What's wrong with it, mother?" I asked obliviously.

"Your baby hairs are all over the place." She snarled and snapped her fingers which made Cindy practically drag herself beside me as fast as she can.

"Sorry Cindy," I whispered my apologies to the young girl and she simply smiled at me.

We are about to meet the Sims, one of the most powerful families in the business industry. My family of course considers this night a huge privilege even though the head of the Sim clan is my father's high school friend.

Our family owns multiple businesses here in Korea. Dare I say that we are the most influential company here. However, we are nothing compared to the Sims. If we hold the influence in Korea, they hold Asia's.

After Cindy touched up each and every strand of my hair. I stood up and with my back straight went down the stairs where my parents were waiting.

Mother looked at me with her scrutinizing eyes and tugged on the sleeves of my dress. "We are meeting the Sims today. I expect you to be on your best behavior, none of your rebellious act that you keep on insisting on at school."

I could almost see fire coming out of her eyes. Nonetheless, I kept my gaze upon her showing her that I am not scared. "I want this night to be nothing less than p—"

"Perfect." I finished her sentence. "I get it, mother."

She raised her eyebrows at me and said in a vicious tone, "You are the representation of the entire Choi clan. Don't blow it."

The Choi clan, representation of Korea's perfect family. In the public's eyes, our home is filled with perfect-looking individuals that formed a family with exemplary talent, intellect, and poise. In their eyes, our home was grand, elegant, and full of love.

That is pure bullshit. The skin of our family was definitely perfect but once you get to the core, you'll see how rotten they actually are. As soon as they are out of the public's eyes, it's an instant switch. There was never love inside these four walls, all there is here is the responsibility of how we should act outside. All they cared about was their reputation. They would do anything not to tarnish their perfect stature.

All a bunch of fakes.

I never want to be like them, plastic and unrealistic. Like dolls in front of the cameras. I hate perfection because it is never real. When there is perfection, there's always something they want to hide.

Just as my father wants to hide his mistresses and how my mother wants to hide her alcohol abuse. The public never knew about that because of how perfect my parents are.

But I knew. I did.

We sat quietly in the car, my dad in the front seat as our chauffeur takes us to our destination. My mom and I are both on the opposite side of the back seat, looking out the window not even spearing a glance at each other.

As we arrived the doors were opened by the employees of the exclusive five-star restaurant. I guess they were notified that we were nearing the destination.

As all of us left the car my mom immediately looked at our appearances, she aligned my father's tie and pulled on my sleeves once again.

"I'm going to go after you, I just need to do something." I grabbed my clutch from the seat and gestured towards the side of the restaurant.