Chapter 17 - Confession and Lies

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI AERA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I looked at my watch, it was still early but I already saw him inside the empty cafe sitting alone at the corner seat with two drinks placed neatly on the surface of the table.

I quickened my pace and stopped right in front of him. He looked up called for me, "Aera," He acknowledged my presence and motioned me to take a seat.

I sat down and looked back at him, "Sunghoon."

"Thank you for taking time to talk," He started, "I think you know why I asked to meet you."

I nodded as an answer. I know it's because of Jake and I also know that this is the worst possible decision ever, but I wanted to know how he is.

I want to know if he hates me now.

"He's devastated. I never saw him like that ever, Aera." He looked at me straight in the eyes. He looked intimidating, but his eyes say otherwise. His eyes emitted worry and concern for his friend.

"I know you didn't mean any of what you sai—"

"I meant it." I stopped him.

"I meant everything I said, Sunghoon." He didn't answer, he looked confused so I continued to act my part. "You don't know how hard it was to be suffocated by my parents. Imagine, they're literally selling me to Jake's family."

I breathed deeply before continuing, "I had to do my part, I would do anything to get out of this marriage, but that clearly didn't work. So why would I keep pretending."

"If what you're saying is true then why are you here?" I went silent with his question.

He caught me.

"You care about him, even before his fame. You love him even before any of this."

I looked down, my tears were starting to gather in the corners of my eyes. Ready to fall at any moment.

"I know you don't need to explain to me but I know you love him, I don't know why you are hurting the both of you but please just take care of yourself," he said laced with a painful tone.

I looked up at his unusual request.

He was staring at me as he continued, "He's hurt, shattered by everything you said. If that was the goal then good job. We don't know if we could ever fix him without you."

The pain in my heart intensified as Sunghoon casually confessed his thoughts. "I don't know how jake would handle it if you get hurt or something, he's going to blame himself for it and it pains us to see him that way."

I couldn't take it anymore, my tears fell from my eyes and I hiccupped from crying.

Sunghoon reached and gave me a handkerchief, "I may not understand you right now but, for the sake of the man that you love, please take care of yourself."

And with that he left me alone with the pain I brought to myself.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

I turned to open Taehyun's bedroom, and as soon as I did, Taehyun called for me.

"Aera? Where have you been? I told you to stay here the police are still—" He paused as he saw my state. I was a mess. I couldn't see anything because of the tears that block my vision and the unbearable pain I felt in my chest. 

"Aera?" My best friend called for me again. As I looked up, I was greeted by Taehyun's face that was laced with concern. His eyes grew larger as he saw the unstoppable tears flowing from my eyes.