Chapter 8 - Missing You

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI AERA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Oh, look at my baby! He looks so grown up!" Mrs. Sim exclaimed as we watched an episode of I-land in their home. 

We were all sat in the living room with some of their helpers with us. Which definitely is a surprise. Never have I ever seen our helpers so relaxed in front of my parents just as these people are relaxed in front of the Sims.

This was a clear difference between our families. I guess I really did misjudged them. I looked around and saw how everyone was amazed by Jake's performance.

Mr. Sim laughed at his wife and said, "He is grown up, honey. His fiancée is here with us." Everyone laughed and I couldn't help but blush at the fact that they called me Jake's fiancée. 

"But still look at him." A teary-eyed Mrs. Sim pointed at the screen as the camera panned towards Jake. 

"Sir Jaeyun really is hardworking." One of their maids exclaimed. If anyone of our maids talked like that without my parents asking them, they would probably be fired in an instant, that was how cruel my parents are.

"He always has been, hasn't he?" Mrs. Sim looked at the girl who spoked lovingly. Her eye shining with pride.

The girl giggled at her boss's reaction and replied, "Yes, ma'am." 

 Every time I stayed here at the Sims made me think about how different their family is compared to mine. I saw how genuine they are, they were the kindest people I know. So pure hearted and loving. I guess I was wrong when I said that money is the root of evil. 

No, it wasn't. What makes a person evil is their heart, if they let their love for money get the best of them. That's when people turn evil. That's what happened to my parents.

"Aera, thank you." I was startled when Mrs. Sim suddenly expressed her gratitude.

"Mrs. Sim, why are you thanking me?" 

"I'm thanking you for supporting his dream. He told me about your trips to the dance studio nearby. He was really happy to have someone there with him." She held my hand and looked me in the eye. I looked back at hers and saw a certain glimmer that I have never seen from my mother. It was like an embrace, comforting and loving.

"It's all his hard work, I simply gave him a bit of push." I smiled at her.

She shook her head and countered my defense, "Still, I'm thankful. You make him really happy." We stayed in that position for a while. Then she spoke again, "And when are you going to stop calling us so formally?" 

"You can call us mom and dad, darling. You're family now." Mr. Sim interjected. 

Mom and dad? I never called my mother and father that ever. It seemed too genuine, too loving to call them that.

"He's right. We're family now." 

Family.

I smiled at the thought. I have an addition to my real family.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

As I continuously watch him I saw how determined he is. It made me want to support him even more. Right now, I'm with Taehyun as I open my other accounts on his computer to vote for Jake.

"Wow, Aera! How many accounts did you make?" He said as he leaned from behind me. His face directly beside mine.

"A lot?" I looked at him and answered reluctantly as he was looking at the monitor of his computer.